1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I just came back from vacation. I had to use the bathroom in a local store, hell everyone does. Now when I got in there there was a guy in the stall next to me with what looked like a Kimber Aegis in a slide holster just sitting there in full view while he was doing the constitution. Now I mean it was not hard to not see it, for that matter someone could almost done a "dump n grab" lol. Seriously what does everyone do when the need arises? This should be a very interesting thread.

Roy

·
Registered
213 Posts
Today while crapping I put mine in the front pocket of my hoodie, still in the holster. To me, it makes more sense to keep it close and still out of plain view while in my most vulnerable position. No effing way am I gonna get plugged while on the toilet...I'm gonna be the one plugging while on the toilet :dope:

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I guess this would be a plus for shoulder holsters, but when I carry IWB which is 99% of the time I try to keep my pants up closer to my knees and pull my underwear over the grip on my 1911.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The great thing about thi is that if something does go bad, you don't have to worry about ruining your pants.

Held in hand, or on the toilet paper holder seems the most reasonable to me, then put it back when you're done.

rondawg said:
I'll usually remove mine and place it in my pants, in the convenient "hammock" that's there.
Just don't get any skid marks on it.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I only crap at home! Or if im out iof town my hotel if at all possible hold it.. Id hate to be found dead on the crapper... Didnt Elvis die on the Throne?
:rofl:
No seriously if i had to go in a gas station or something Id put my pistol inside my pants..

·
Premium Member
20,399 Posts
I set mine on the back of the toilet once, then walked away and forgot it! :dope: Didn't take me long to notice, ran back and it was waiting for me. STUPID!

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
You were lucky! I bet you would have crapped again if it would have been gone!

·
Registered
226 Posts
bobvex said:
Held in hand, or on the toilet paper holder seems the most reasonable to me, then put it back when you're done.
An Easton Pennsylvania cop did that at a steak house and left it. It was never returned.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I hold it aimed at the stall door, just in case. Actually, it just either rests on the paper holder or, the last time, at a Cabela's, it just sat in the "hammock" as someone else called it.

·
Premium Member
20,399 Posts
I suppose you could hang it by the trigger guard on the coat hook...

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
rondawg said:
I'll usually remove mine and place it in my pants, in the convenient "hammock" that's there.
A couple "should-be-obvious" observations:

1.) Don't use public bathrooms if you don't have to.
2.) If you do, then use the stall, whether you're peeing or pooping, and lock the bolt on the stall door.
3.) If you must sit upon the throne and your gun isn't in a shoulder rig, do as rondawg said. Should you find yourself a victim of a "kick-in" while seated, you'll be able to grab your gun, and it's unlikely you'll forget it when you stand up.
4.) Watch out for those tapping feet coming into your stall from the one next door and for hands reaching under from in front.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
78 Posts
kutzro357 said:
An Easton Pennsylvania cop did that at a steak house and left it. It was never returned.
:dope:

imagine actually having to fire it, and having the casing land on the soft part of your exposed leg, or.... worse.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I usually spread my legs really wide and wedge it between my leg and the stall wall, out of view.

A local officer hung his by the trigger guard on the coat hook. Unbeknownst to him, the safety had slipped during carry. As he removed it, the hook caught the trigger. After it went off the first time, fear and recoil drove the trigger into the hook again. He was able to control it after the second ND.

And yes, he got days on the street because of it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmmmmmmm some really interesting stuff here. The guy in the stall next to me in what I described, hell I could have snatched up his heater and ran. I think this will be a interesting thread to say the least and I think we all can learn from this. Me personally I remove my gun and put it in the hammock or just hold it in my hand being careful not to hit the mag release button. I would hate to accidentally drop a mag in the stall or worse, down the old bowl for the tidy bowl man to retrieve, lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.