1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would throw in a few things after reading the last few posts to "Stainless Stinger Update" in reference to LB mags.

I have owned a TRS for about a year now, and I ordered a total of seven LB mags (7 rounders ) with the pistol. I love the pistol and have never had a problem. The mags have been flawless as well. Over the course of routine cleanings the tab that holds the base pad in place broke off most of the mags. I had always thought it was a poor design but I figured it was my fault ,and called LB to order some new ones. The lady that answered the phone was nice but she could'nt understand why I take mags apart to clean them :rolleyes: . So... she sent me to Tim who said " No problem" and a few days later I have some new tabs in the mail free of charge. Now, I would'nt expect them to do this everytime, but it was nice.
I also have a few Wilson mags, and I do like them better for what it's worth. LB customer service has always been questionable depending on the " mood " around the office that day IMHO.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Baer Service????

Prior to purchasing my Supertac 45 with the 1 1/2 inch group, I spent a large chuck of time calling every custom gun maker I could locate, every gunsmith I could track down in the U.S., and Baer Custom back in the spring of 2001. Actually I called Baer twice, and both times Les himself answered all questions in a friendly manner without rushing me. Every other maker wanted to send me their brochure and get me off the phone. Every gunsmith that talked to me stated that the Baer was something that just doesn't get worked on by them since they work. Since I got the pistol in 2001, I talked to Les Baer once about taking down the 1911. Very good instructions since I had never torned down a 1911, only shot them. I've ordered springs and 9 additional mags from them, and also I ordered a pin set that was bear coated. Every person that I talked to was the greatest, answered all questions that I asked, and was up front and honest on delivery times. One thing I've never understood was: why do people call the Baer a simi-custom pistol? Everything I've dug up on the Baers point to one fact. They are without question the best CUSTOM made pistol made.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts