1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone show me a picture of the gap left when you install an Ed Brown or wilson beaver tail on a springfield? I have an Ed Brown Im thinking of using. Basically I need you to talk me into buying a Smith and Alexander grip safety and jig :biglaugh:.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Wilson makes a drop in for the Colt Government model. There may be one for the Springfield as well.

Converting a GI or MilSpec is very expensive just to avoid the front cooling fins on the loaded. A GI or MilSpec will always be a GI or MilSpec regardless of how you dress her up.

If you'd bought the Loaded or TRP it would already be on the pistol. :)

-- Chuck

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
Wilson makes a drop in for the Colt Government model. There may be one for the Springfield as well.

-- Chuck
yep...Wilson makes two drop in grip safeties....one for the colt govt. frame and one for the Springfield 5" which is a commander frame.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,328 Posts
Wilson makes one for the Colt/G.I. frame, and one for the Commander/enhanced frame, and the latter is coincidentally sort of a halfway-decent fit on a Springfield. However, if a drop-in fit is adequate, then an Ed Brown might adequate too, but a whole lot of work for a merely adequate fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts