1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an pro elite alittle over a year ago have only put a couple hundred rounds through it. I got it out to shoot last weekend a noticed that the beavertail sticks. I tried to strip it down and take it out the lever and oil it but I can't even get the thing out. I know i can do it because I have removed from my ultra carry. what should I do? should I take to a gunsmith or Will Kimber do anything since it is not new. Has anyone else had this kind of problem?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Kimber may actually fix it for ya. But any gunsmith can. Did you buy it new? And it worked fine for a couple hundred rounds? Unless something holding it in has come loose, I'd say it's probably just dirty and needs a thorough cleaning. I can't imagine it sticking? Will it depress at all? Or is it when you release it that it sticks? Is there any obvious signs on it from rubbing the frame? That's too weird.

------------------
God Bless America!!

Danny
NRA, NAHC, Buckmasters

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally got the beavertail out of my pro elite. it looks like it was rubbing or snagging on the frame and the beavertail was misshaped. I took the beavertailout of my ultra carry, which came out alot easier and put it in my elite, it is as smooth as can be. So then I put the bad beavertail in my ultra carry and it stuck in there just like it did in my elite. I am going to try to call Kimber and ask them if they will send me a new beavertail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts