1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I need help with a question from a friend with a botched beavertail safety modification. My friend was fitting a beavertail and started rounding a bit off the bottom of the "arm" of the beavertail (the protruding part that stops trigger movement) to promote a slightly faster and lesser-distance deactivation of the safety. The result of this is that the safety is now inactive because pressing the trigger can cause the beavertail to depress, due to the angle of the rear of the trigger bow contacting the rounded arm of the safety. What options are there to fix this problem? Other than buying another beavertail to fit? The amount of metal removed was very little, so I don't think welding is required. Any possible home remedies would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
try taking a punch and move some metal or squeeze in a vice. That might move enough to make better contact so the trigger can move the bar..

also where the legs of the GS and the MSH meet..might try removing some metall to allow the GS to rotate out a little more to make allow that bar to move down more to make contact..

thinking out loud..JB weld..would that hold?? if you built up the spot..or would that slip right off..

oh well..none are the best..but might work..

best would be to put small weld spot and dress back down..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts