1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why Springfield?

Because they're the BEST.

Best warranty, best fit/finish, best features. Springfield makes it's own parts. Unlike Kimber who jobs out its parts to places like Smith & Wesson.

I own two: A MilSpec and an UltrCompact loaded. Wish it were four or a dozen.

------------------
What part of "shall not be infringed" needs 'splainin' ???
----------------------------------------------------------------
PowderBurns Black Powder / Muzzle Loader Forum

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I agree. I have had some problems with my Champion but the fix has always been easy.
Dont shoot blasers or UMC Ammo. When feed any other ammo it runs like a Striped Ass Ape. Why because Blasers and UMC is too light for the Recoil spring and short strokes the gun and wont lock the slide back. The gun still feeds and shoots well just no slide lock back. Every other brand works great. The gun will feed any and all HPs I throw into the mags.
Yeah my slide to frame fit is a little loose, but so what the barrel lock up is great. Alot more accurate than my Kimber was.
If I treat the gun right it treats me right.
Accurate, Reliable and pretty too.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would have to disagree. Compared to Sigs and Berettas that is. The fit and finish is mediocre. I bought a new full size loaded stainless a month ago and right now it's still at SA. The damn thing is warped, the slide frame fit was offset, and the rear sight came off after only 40 rounds. It seem like SA doesn't even care, or expects the buyer to refinish it or customize it. I would rather have a 3 year warranty and have a gun that's decent out of the box. Why can other companies heat treat there guns without any problem, while SA monkeys around like amatures. Maybe they are amatures using an old name.

Does anyone here think that bare bead blasted surfaces can be classified as a real finish? Why don't they polish the entire gun a little, but not to the extent they do the flats? I think that they think that buyers will think that because the flats are polished, which are easy and cheap to do, the gun has a finish. Just look at Sig and Beretta at the same price and the finish in and out is smooth, uniform, and highly rust resistant. I think that the gun I bought should be priced at least $150 less. The only gun I would by from SA ever again is the Mil-spec. At that price the quality is justified.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Why is it though that used Kimbers are seldom found? Plenty of used SA's on the market around here. One dealer told me that the only time he sees a used Kimber is if someone is trading it in on a new Kimber.

Just my .02 worth, gunny

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
...Ta' tell the truth, these days, I don't see ANY used guns anymore...They're all flyin' off the shelves and so is all the ammo...I get yer' point though and I think everyone's entitled to do whatever they want...There are POS with every name ever thought of on the sides...PERIOD...I'm beginning to think it's a MUCH better idea to let someone else pay the big price for new and shop used from good dealers...The problem is that there aren't any used guns around here! Not many trades at all...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

!!!Molon Labe'!!!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
...Well here it is...My 1911th post on the 1911forum.com...Funny...I didn't see any fireworks or anything...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

!!!Molon Labe'!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Springfield is producing a tactical firarm. It's NOT polished because polished frames/slides just catch reflected light and "flash" -- also, Parkerizing is just not a shiny finish.

Bead blasting is a finish, so is brushed, matte brushed, etc. There are a zillion ways to finish a gun. Finish on internal parts and fit on the Springers are as good as any, better than most.

Berreta is WAY over rated. The 92FS has been breaking slides and barrel lugs left and right in service (military). The Dept. of Defense is issuing the 1911 to special operations troops because the 9mm won't do the job.

SIG is a nice gun. But I don't care for the ergonomics. And I have trouble with the safety, slide release levers. Single action is GOD's design . . . GOD and John Moses Browning. Double action guns are for sissies.

There's a reason why J.M. Browning's gun is the most copied, most used handgun. Because it's the BEST. And Springfield makes some of the best of the best.

My opinion, and I could be wrong. But I don't think so.

------------------
What part of "shall not be infringed" needs 'splainin' ???
----------------------------------------------------------------
PowderBurns Black Powder / Muzzle Loader Forum

[This message has been edited by Genghis (edited 10-09-2001).]

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Originally posted by gyp_c:
...Well here it is...My 1911th post on the 1911forum.com...Funny...I didn't see any fireworks or anything...

Well, it may not be fireworks, but it's the best I could do on short notice!!! Congrats pal. 1911 more!

[This message has been edited by shane45-1911 (edited 10-09-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts