1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to upgrade my "bedside buddy" She is a full size Sig1911 Tac-Ops for a reliable 2011 double stack 9mm. Thinking either a Sig 226 Legion or a CZ Shadow 2, or? Like to hear some input to help me make a (informed) decision or recommended substitute. I already have ample carry and target guns.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
My bedside gun is a Colt AR15 with Surefire M600 Scout DF 1,500 lumen LED light and EoTech green holosight. Why would you want to bring a pistol to a gunfight when you can bring a rifle? Especially when you're at home and the thug(s) invade your premises. I keep my Beretta M9A3 with 30rd magazine and Streamlight TLR 2 HL G green laser/light as a backup to my rifle.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Live in a rural, relatively “safe” area. However, if trouble comes it could be an hour or longer for leo to respond. So my setup is based on the worst possible scenario…… hunker down and hold fast because I could be on my own for a bit.

My set up is an ATS belt that houses my Glock 19, 2 spare pistol mags, and 2 spare AR mags. Belt goes on with a quick and easy click.

Next to it is my BCM M4 clone with Aimpoint and surefire weapon light.

Overkill is underrated.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I mounted a Sig 2022 with a light/laser combo. I can't see my front sight clearly without glasses. ( Eyes are really bad nowadays.) Even without my glasses I can hold a center mass group at 20 yards with a GREEN laser. Not so well with red.
Makes for one less thing to worry about if a visitor surprises me at night while sleeping.
A blinding light helps ID and the green dot tells me where the bullet is heading.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Live in a rural, relatively “safe” area. However, if trouble comes it could be an hour or longer for leo to respond. So my setup is based on the worst possible scenario…… hunker down and hold fast because I could be on my own for a bit.

My set up is an ATS belt that houses my Glock 19, 2 spare pistol mags, and 2 spare AR mags. Belt goes on with a quick and easy click.

Next to it is my BCM M4 clone with Aimpoint and surefire weapon light.

Overkill is underrated.
A bunch of folks have suggested the belt idea over the years. Certainly makes sense, but I can't get it to work in my bedroom. For a variety of reasons there is no potential for redesign. Living in the country adds that time dimension. Could be a couple of hours at worst for a Deputy. Just have to plan to deal with whatever!

·
Registered
160 Posts
You guys forgot a 50 Cals and C4. I am asking for advice on two Handguns.

Now back to my post I am interested in up grading to a CZ or Sig with an optic as my eyes are not what they use to be and I may need more than 8 shots. Any sage advice from CZ or Sig owners?

You use your handgun to fight your way to the long gun, which I have at ready.

·
Registered
126 Posts
A bunch of folks have suggested the belt idea over the years. Certainly makes sense, but I can't get it to work in my bedroom. For a variety of reasons there is no potential for redesign. Living in the country adds that time dimension. Could be a couple of hours at worst for a Deputy. Just have to plan to deal with whatever!
Understandable my friend

There’s tons of ways to skin a cat, and that’s just what I’ve settled on for myself and situation. It may not be the best solution for everyone.

We all gotta do what works best for us! Hopefully we’ll never have to be in a defensive situation and this is all hypothetical.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My beside gun is usually what my EDC was for the day. Could be my 360 AirWeight loaded with .357 mag 125 gr Golden Saber, could be my SP101 load with .357 mag 125 XTP, could be my Shield 9mm M2.0, could be my Tisas ZIG M45 loaded with 230 gr XTP.

Always keep one of those and a high intensity flashlight along with my Remington 870 loaded with high velocity BB shot.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 140 Posts