1911Forum banner
121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Administrator
79,846 Posts
#1 priority, identify the possible threat.
Modern weapon mounted lights are bright enough that inside a home, the weapon held at low ready provides adequate 'splash'.
And keeping that weapon in a holster may prevent a negligent and unintended discharge.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah, tell that to a poor person who can’t afford an LMT New Zealand Reference Rifle with thermal optic and PEQ, or a Walther PDP with Trijicon RMR, Osprey can and Streamlight X300 Tac light.

Or not have HST Black Talon ammo, or Mk262 Whispering Death ammo.
There's a far stretch of difference between all that crap and semi decent hp or soft point ammo. Which btw for awhile pre covid ran basically the same price.

·
Registered
78 Posts
A CZ P-07 in the night stand with a maglight at hand. I don’t care for a mounted light, and I prefer the house to remain dark because I know my way around and the intruder won’t. I have close access to a carbine the same caliber as the P-07 (.40 S&W). The CZ has night sights and the carbine a shake awake rds. The P-07 is a great pistol and only available in 9mm now. I am not sure how adaptable they are to an optic on later models.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Maybe your neighbor or a family member too. Hardball often over penetrates. Many of you must live in bad neighborhoods. I make do with a 1911 and big dogs.
Good for you. I prefer weapons that stack the favor on my side, not the bad guy side.

If the neighbor got taken out then too bad. Should have armored up.

Wood Brickwork Brick Building material Handrail

Chin Eyebrow Jaw Sleeve Smile

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
I dunno. If I awaken to bumps in the night, it's probably not good. Most likely, spray and pray.
No close neighbors, but those rounds still fly for a long way. Iffy sht, for sure.

Reactions: M1A1A

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
My carry gun is my bed stand gun when I take it off. If I have to go investigate something or clear the house, I use that pistol. I do not use a WML on my carry gun.

If I hear the doors being kicked in or gun fire in the cul de sac, then I get the rifle and vest out of the safe. So far, after hundreds of bumps in the night, I haven't regretted not vesting up and wandering around with a rifle in my hand. If I survive to regret my methods, this will be the first place I come to confess if/when I am able.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If the neighbor got taken out then too bad. Should have armored up.
[/QUOTE]
Can't imagine that would work out in ways that you would care for.
[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he is joking. I can't imagine his plan is to fire a battle rifle in his house.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Bedside hi cap? Hmmm... nothing like being ready for the home invasion by a band of bikers, middle of the night social unrest attack, or a John Wick assassination squad :) I no longer have a wife that I need to make a convincing argument for a purchase like that!

Otherwise my EDC LW commander will work :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is a CZ SP01 Tactical (all steel 9mm w/nite sights) with a Streamlight TLR 2 HLG. I live in a rural area without any close neighbors and in a low to non-existent crime area. I use it mainly to make the coyotes in my yard shut up and go somewhere else to howl at the moon. For some reason that green laser scares the $h!t outta them but I have 115gr Fort Scott TUI ammo in the pistol just in case.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have kept things fairly simple over the years with my bedside weapon. It is a Ruger SP101, 2” barrel in .357 magnum. Loaded with 125 gr HP,s. I am very comfortable with this firearm and shoot it very well. I may have to set it aside in favor of one of my Wilson 45’s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
in my night stand I have an M&P 9mm performance center pistol with 1-17 round mag in it and 3 other spares beside it.
The pistol has a Streamlight TLR-7A Weapon light mounted. And that is the name of that tune!

121 - 140 of 140 Posts