1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't believe it when my husband handed me this package to open for Christmas.....I wanted one so bad, but we never could locate any of them for sale or even in a shop...anywhere. "Somebody" had connections and here it is!

It's gorgeous!! I took about 35 photos and just can't get it to photograph well, the picture doesn't do it any justice!

It's a Kimber Custom Ultra SP II done in the blue/black marbling!

WOOHOO, this gal is a happy gal!

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
My wife (then girlfriend) did the same thing for me a couple years ago with a Kimber Elite Carry (the predecessor to the Compact CDP that they made 1200 of).

That was one hell of a Christmas (that sounds really odd) and I've been trying to reciprocate for years now. didn't help either that she talked my parents and hers into going in on a Browning A-bolt Medallion (last left handed version available) for my birthday.

Oh yeah, she's mine, you can't have her, she has 4 brothers, one of which is psychotic, one is a hippie, one is married and one is in prison, no sisters. Apparently I got really lucky:D

Congratulations and enjoy your new baby.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i'm in trouble

i just bought my first 1911...a tle/rl, i'm on day 8 of the 10 day waiting period...

i havent even fired this baby, and i'm already thinking about my next gun a ss procarry :rolleyes:

i'm so in trouble :biglaugh:

·
Banned
8 Posts
Merry Christmas

That is a really nice carry gun. I am glad you love it! I bought my husband one last year, it was red, and he posted pictures of it on this forum and got ragged so bad about it (even though it was a really practical gun) he sold it for what I consider a "lookslikealltherest-everyonehasone" type 1911. The blue is less glaring than the red and classier, however. Enjoy it! I am glad we both have the same tastes.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Re: Merry Christmas

BlackPOWdr said:
That is a really nice carry gun. I am glad you love it! I bought my husband one last year, it was red, and he posted pictures of it on this forum and got ragged so bad about it (even though it was a really practical gun) he sold it for what I consider a "lookslikealltherest-everyonehasone" type 1911. The blue is less glaring than the red and classier, however. Enjoy it! I am glad we both have the same tastes.
That's sad he sold it, if it was only for what other people said ... I always try to find something that I like ... If anybody else likes it, that's fine, but irrelevant ...
I think I saw the red pistol (here, on pic)... Looked quite good ...

·
Registered
84 Posts
It so cute!

I havn't seen that finish before.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Dona I also was looking at the same Kimber, I had a small Kinber Ultra ten 11 that couldn't get through a full mag without a jam or stove-pipe.I was told that the 3'' barrel guns are not relible.How does it shoot any jams or other problems?Thanks Daniel

·
Registered
15 Posts
I GOT ME A TLE II RL FROM THE OWNER OF THE SHOP I WORK AT PART TIME. MY XMAS BONUS/ END OF THE MONTH COMISSION CHECK. I WAS GOING TO BUY IT FOR MY SELF FOR XMAS, BUT THE WIFE VETOED IT.

IT WORKED OUT WELL.
I GOT THE GUN AND DIDNT HAVE TO BRING JEWELRY HOME.

IT WAS A MERRY XMAS.:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts