1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK I've heard, and read enough con's about the MOB holster. GALCO SOB is a popular choice. How many people really wear them in the" small of the back"?
I would love to hear from you guys out there that swear by them.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I've had one for years. To be honest, I never wear it anymore. If you ever have to sit in a hard back chair, its useless and uncomfortable. I will admit, its ok in a car (although good luck trying to draw it in the car), sitting on a sofa, and just walking about. I've learned since I bought it though that I far prefer a good IWB holster. I won't even go into the risk of back injury should you somehow fall onto the holster. I don't believe you'll find a lot of SOB users here. I do believe though that everyone should experiment. Just becuase many here don't like something doesn't mean it might not work for you.

later,
AJ

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I traded for a SOB, and will probably be in my hands on Thursday the 6th.
My TRP will arrive at SA Monday, and who knows when it will be back.
Most right hand IWB users carry their holsters about 4 to 4:30. About the same place that SOB holsters are carried. I don't see much difference myself as far a comfort goes. At least sliding the SOB along your belt is a bit easier when you want to adjust it forward or back at little. Try that with your IWB, Maybe a small pro, but it's a difference on the plus side.
We'll see how it goes, and maybe I'll be selling a SOB.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Favorable comments on SOB holsters...

Pro:

While watching the one female detective on "Dragnet" wearing her revolver in an SOB holster, I can point out to my wife it's position on her belt without being accused of staring at her...............assets :cool:

Other then that, can not think of anything else pro to say.

regards

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
assets SOB

Well I've had my question answered about the SOB. I haven't received my Bianchi SOB yet, but is there anyone out there that want's to buy it. Ha Ha.
I just ordered a "Beltster" from the nice folks in Texas.

Sooooo now will someone please tell me how to delete this thread.
I've tried going to the top of the thread, and pressed delete. It just say's I'm not allowed to for various reasons that don't seem to apply.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
assets SOB

Well I've had my question answered about the SOB. I haven't received my Bianchi SOB yet, but is there anyone out there that want's to buy it. Ha Ha.
I just ordered a "Beltster" from the nice folks in Texas.

Sooooo now will someone please tell me how to delete this thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts