1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with the belly band-type holsters like those in the DeSantis catalog?

I'm looking for something that won't have to hand on the elastic-waisted shorts I often wear here in the Tejas summer.

Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by ArmySon:
I have one that's made by Gunslinger. His belly band will support up to a Desert Eagle! For more info, you check out this thread:

Belly Bands
Hmmmm... Wonder if I could get away with a Desert Eagle in Thunderwear. Probably not enough room with everything else I am packing

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by ArmySon:
I have one that's made by Gunslinger. His belly band will support up to a Desert Eagle!

That looks like what I'm looking for -- especially since I carry a full-sized Kimber. Doesn't work too well without a belt, dontcha know.

How can I get in touch with Gunslinger? Is he on this forum?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Charleton,

Would recommend that you at least take a look at thunderwear or smart carry holsters. Same idea. I use it under everything from jeans to elastic adidas shorts, and it works great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestion.

I've looked at the Thunderwear stuff and I guess I'm a little uncomfortable with the muzzle so close to my privates.

It just seems more natural (?) to use something that positions the piece closer to where I carry with belt-mounted rigs (behind the hip).

·
Registered
685 Posts
Very interesting item. I'd heard about them before but hadn't seen a pic until now (thanks, Son...I think).

Ignorant question: are these meant to be worn strong side, cross-draw, or is it up to the individual?

Thanks,

------------------
Steve "El Roto" G.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Up to the individual. You can wear it wherever it's comfy for you.

Personally, I use it when I'm wearing a tucked in shirt. Even then, I stick to carrying a Kahr MK9 or a snubby .38.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I use it for my 442 when wearing sweat pants...holds it nice and close and even helps act as a girdle if you got a few extra pounds....i use the opposite side holster for my cell phone....

[This message has been edited by P7 (edited 08-22-2001).]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts