1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that the belt loops on most jeans are too far apart to support an OWB holster properly--When you draw, the belt doesn't keep the holster from rising, which interferes with a smooth draw. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ive' noticed the same problem, some jeans have a single rear loop, a pair on the side, pair in front, and that's it... using the thickest, heaviest belt that will fit through the loops is probably the best way to go, short of having a tailor add some extra loops...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Flied

Try Wrangler , and of the rodeo series, should have enough loops to run most OWB pancake or dual slot rigs through a belt loop, the first slot , a belt loop, and the second slot. Also consider going to a 1.75 inch belt.

Cowboy and Texan comments aside, i have found that the Wrangler series, has belt loops the are perfect for a 1.75 ranger belt and secure the weapon perfectly, as a side benefit , if you get the pro rodeo jeans ( feel like sail-cloth) and wash them a couple of times with fabric softener the will be some of the best tear resistant jeans you will ever own IMHO

·
Registered
283 Posts
When I wear jeans I too have found the Wranglers relax fit perfect for me, but they make my butt look big:biglaugh:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Fliedout said:
It seems to me that the belt loops on most jeans are too far apart to support an OWB holster properly--When you draw, the belt doesn't keep the holster from rising, which interferes with a smooth draw. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks.
What kind of belt are you using? If you use a thick (like double harness leather) belt, you should be able to wear it with pant without any belt loops at all and still draw okay.

Maybe your holster is too tight too?!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
rhino465:

That's all well and good, 'til your pants self destruct! :biglaugh: You wouldn't know anything about THAT, would'ja?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Re: rhino465:

Brian Dover said:
That's all well and good, 'til your pants self destruct! :biglaugh: You wouldn't know anything about THAT, would'ja?

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! :hrm:

Nothing happened! I have no recollection of any such event!

:biglaugh:

LESSON LEARNED: A backup gun is a good idea, but backup pants are a necessity! :D

·
Registered
504 Posts
Re: Re: rhino465:

rhino465 said:
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! :hrm:

Nothing happened! I have no recollection of any such event!

:biglaugh:

LESSON LEARNED: A backup gun is a good idea, but backup pants are a necessity! :D
Emergency (Backup) Pants

1 - 10 of 10 Posts