1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing? I am looking for a belt slide type holster that has the same leather sweat shield that goes up the inside to protect the hammer area against the body and hold in place the thumb safety (as like an IWB holster). Not a thumb break though...just a regular OWB belt slide. Most that I have seen don't have this.

H

·
Premium Member
20,302 Posts
No problem! Kramer's horsehide is also very moisture-resistant. It is a very thin, but durable rig. I've got one in each size.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like my Alessi DOJ and that style, but the way my belt loops are situated, there isn't much room to adjust the holster forward or back since the pants loop is right in the middle of the two holster loops and there isn't any play. With a belt scabbard like the Kramer I can span the pant loop and move the holster forward and back a bit for different situations ie sitting, standing etc. The DOJ is also straight drop which I like, but want to try the FBI slant as it may be slightly more concealable and a little faster draw. I have an Alessi belt holster for my PM9 which is slant forward and it is perfect for comfort, concealment and draw! But that is a much smaller gun to conceal than the Kimber compact... It also doesn't appear to have a full sweat shield, but with the Kahr, that isn't necessary at all. No thumb safety etc...

H

1 - 5 of 5 Posts