1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 344 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A firestorm has erupted after photos surfaced of Benchmade cutting up firearms for Oregon City PD.

It started blowing up on social media, then some folks then looked a little deeper into Benchmade and discovered that their political donations go only to Democrats - anti-gun candidates, at that:

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000047693

They might have nice blades but I don't think I'll buy knives from a company with those principles.

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
Bye Benchmade. There are plenty of other knife makers to buy from...and thank the OP for this exposure here.

Benchmade blows Left. Got it.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Slow down, guys.

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
The list I saw contained a donation to Rep. Gregg Waldon (R). I think he was the only one.

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
Slow down, guys.
I read plenty of comments in several places like that. Essentially that the guns were ordered to be destroyed, what's the big deal. Part of it for me is that many of those guns were from "gun buy-back" events, where they were turned in. Say whatever you like, but the message at these events is always that "we're getting guns off the street", which is a political spin, and utter crap. If the Oregon City PD are mandated to destroy them, maybe they should get off their asses, go buy a metal chop saw, and do their job.
L.

·
Registered
874 Posts
While I'd take them to task for cutting up confiscated weapons for the PD, in the article linked, all I see is individuals that are employed by Benchmade making donations - not the corporate entity. Are we becoming so narrow-minded that we now demand all vendors who manufacture firearms or edged weapon products hire only those people that support pro-gun activities? I doubt that in any organization you will find 100% of the people supporting any one issue. Lighten up.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
While I'd take them to task for cutting up confiscated weapons for the PD, in the article linked, all I see is individuals that are employed by Benchmade making donations - not the corporate entity. Are we becoming so narrow-minded that we now demand all vendors who manufacture firearms or edged weapon products hire only those people that support pro-gun activities? I doubt that in any organization you will find 100% of the people supporting any one issue. Lighten up.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
There's other stuff out there, Bob. I looked at quite a bit of it last night, google it.

·
Super Moderator
15,298 Posts

Adios,

Pizza Bob
The linked site stated that the individuals were owners and/or employees. If owners, I'm not interested in providing them income to fund my enemies; if they are employees, I'm not interested in providing them income to fund my enemies.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
My wife pointed out this report to me last night when I got home. Her initial comment to their actions was "That's pretty sorry of them...who do they think they're selling their knives to? They're sending a clear message to their customers."

I personally won't support a company whose actions go against my beliefs.

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
Since I'm up on my soapbox already - ask yourself, what other items of value that the police end up with (confiscated, etc) are destroyed? Only guns, everything else is auctioned off if it has much value. So, what's the message? Simple, "guns are bad." I'm not interested in being a part of that, or supporting any group that is.
L.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The curtain has been swept aside...

One notable thing, in Benchmade's response toward the bottom of your link, is that they profess to support 2nd Amendment Rights. But this debacle goes back to what we have mentioned here before, and should be re-stated... Any vote or support for a Democrat candidate in this day and age is a direct assault on our Right To Keep And Bear Arms.

There are no two ways about it. I am glad they have been exposed. They are no better than the hypocrites in Hollywood, whoring for the $$$.

·
Registered
9,402 Posts
I'm sure there are many other businesses that we support that are taking our money and using it to purchase the rope to hang us with someday. I would sooner give money to ISIS than the Democrats.

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
I'm sure there are many other businesses that we support that are taking our money and using it to purchase the rope to hang us with someday. I would sooner give money to ISIS than the Democrats.
Ultimately, they are one and the same. One is just a bit more honest about their intentions than the other. The bottom line of both is power and control. Either bend a knee or die.

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
Time for me to cut up my Benchmades.

1 - 20 of 344 Posts