1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone shooting a Benelli 14 inch entry gun with a ported barrel...say a vang comp? Vang comp punts you over to DVC and I got no answer due to the holdiay. Does it shoot reliably? Reduce recoil?

Thank!!!:D

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
I got the Benelli with the 16 inch barrel. The gun shoots so fast that it will unload 5 rounds before the first empty hits the ground.
The gun has been totally reliable with all but the lightest field loads. It even shoots Winchester AA Target loads reliably!
The 16 inch barrel has changeable chokes. I scew out the improved and screw in the modified and the clay pigeons are in trouble.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I got the Benelli with the 16 inch barrel.

Which model do you have?

I don't see a 16" barrel on the Benelli web site - just 14" and 18-1/2". Is your's modified or something from the HK days?

I've an M1 Super 90 with the 18-1/2' barrel. Like it as is just fine. There is virtually no recoil with a Benelli semi-auto to begin with.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i shoot a m1s90 in 28 inch bird barrel config.

due to the inertia bolt, it does recoil a little more than other semi-autos, but its reliable and has accounted for almost 1000 live bird kills.

came with 5 chokes and is still in use and hasn't been cleaned since april(no jams and failures to fire or eject yet).

happy new year all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts