1911Forum banner

Benelli Nova Shotgun/Parts

791 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Vincent Vega 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I'm thinking about getting a Benelli Nova Tactical shotgun with pistol grip. Its used but looks brand new. When I first picked it up, I thought it was new. Well, I was wondering where you can find a Benelli magazine extension from Benelli. I've found some but people were charging over $100 for a 2 shot extension. There are some other brands like Tac Star which is good but I want something to match the guns finish. Also, what do you guys think about the pistol grip stock versus the regular stock. I'm not a big fan of pistol grips on shotguns but this one felt great, I could get a great sight picture with it.

#2 ·
I have the 18" Nova Special Purpose (tactical). I paid $300 for it brand new, and they also had the SuperNova tactical, which was the exact same gun, except with a pistol grip buttstock for an extra $90. I opted for the cheaper.
Doesn't Brownell's or Midway carry the extensions? I'll look to see if I can find the receipt of where I got mine, I think I gave somewhere around $75 for it if I can remember right.
On another note, you'll love that shotgun. I bought it simply because I already had a Remington 870, and I didn't want a Mossberg, and the only other thing in that price range at my shop was the Nova tactical. So far, I've shot about 400-500 rounds through it of nothing but Remington Slugger and 00 Buckshot (both 2.75" - I haven't tried a 3.5" shell in it yet) and it has functioned flawlessly. Kicks a bit more than my Remington, but it's to be expected with a lighter gun. Accuracy is great for a smooth bore, with the afore-mentioned rifled slugs, I consistently get 2" groups at 50 yds. using the factory rifle sights.

#3 ·
Thanks, I did a little more research, and I believe that Benelli quit making their mag extension. I thought someone was yanking my chain when I heard that the first time but I guess its true and thats why true Benelli mag extensions are expensive. I think I'm just going with the Tacstar. Got one on my 870, the only thing I don't care for that is that it doesn't match the finish on the rest of the gun but its sure sturdy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.