1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people love them, some loathe them. I like them and accumulated a few over the years

I bought my first one in 1989, Lethal Weapon was all the rage then. It was a second hand 92 F made in 1986. Shot it a lot, then tinkered with it, threaded barrel and B&T silencer, Tasco pro point on a B square mount. I still use it occasionally and it’s still going strong.

In 1999 I had the opportunity to acquire this 93r at a bankruptcy auction, complete with box, two mags and folding stock. Undated but the serial number is close to the 92 F above, so it might be a 1986 too. I asked Beretta but they sadly never bothered to respond.

In 2010 I bought this 92 FS made in 1993, I prefer the straight dust cover vs the slanted one

It also has an accessory, an 8” sport barrel.

A hard to find one that took me a long time to get. 92 Combat made in 2001

Another not so common one, I had an instant crush on it, 92 steel I from 2010

Finally I recently bought a M9A1, NIB from a private seller 40% below list price

Family photos

·
Registered
195 Posts
I love my Beretta's. Do not having any pictures right now to post, but I have a 92FS (installed a D spring and G decocker), 92S miliatry trade in, M1951, 84F, M70s, M71, and a 950 in .22 short. The later pistol my father bought my mother some time in late 1969 when was shipped over to Vietnam.

The 92FS is too big to carry for me, but it makes a great night stand pistol.

I take it that your 93R is a semi-automatic version?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a standard 92FS I purchased in 1994. It was my first pistol. It was one of the last of the "pre-Brady" guns so it came with two 15-round magazines and (at the time) a premium price. I think that's the start of frenzied gun buying, if I had to point my finger to one incident in my lifetime when events precipitated changes in buying habits. My reason for purchase was that I loved the look and feel of it. It started a long list of buying afterwards.

Interestingly enough, (and I don't need a lot of posts about how dangerous it is, despite me having professional instruction and a lot of training with the technique) it's the only gun I drop the slide on by "pinching" the front of the skeletonized slide from underneath using the two curved grooves on either side. I generally rack a slide over the top (like on a Glock or a 1911) but at the front of the slide rather than the back. I've gone so far as having some of my 1911 slides milled to add forward cocking serrations because of this habit/technique.

Anyway, I got off topic. I love my Beretta, but your collection is great! There are models/variants here I didn't know existed. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love my Beretta's. Do not having any pictures right now to post, but I have a 92FS (installed a D spring and G decocker), 92S miliatry trade in, M1951, 84F, M70s, M71, and a 950 in .22 short. The later pistol my father bought my mother some time in late 1969 when was shipped over to Vietnam.

The 92FS is too big to carry for me, but it makes a great night stand pistol.

I take it that your 93R is a semi-automatic version?
No it’s a full auto. I don’t think a semi auto even exists. I live in Switzerland.

Here’s my full auto pistols trio, Beretta 93r, G18, CZ 75 automatic

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
I shot expert with the M9 many years ago and had the chance to buy a US marked M9 about 6 years ago and jumped at the chance. Very nice guns but rather large and I have a little trouble with the figure eights sights when I take it out on occasion. Everything else I have is 3 dot, etc etc

·
Registered
793 Posts
That is a very cool 92 collection and being able to have full auto is awesome. I have a few of the current generation LTT 92s and a M9A3 that Langdon has done his magic on. I have found the 92 so reliable so an LTT 92 compact has become my EDC. Thanks for sharing your collection.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Berettas are a favorite of mine as well. Particularly the 92 compact.
I prefer my 92 series guns with no rail.
1911s too for that matter

·
Registered
95 Posts
WOW!! Nice collection of 92's ya have there!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Once again I am drooling over your handguns. It is hard to find a smoother operating slide than on a Beretta. The beautiful design from the smaller size Model 80's and on to the Model 92 and Model 96.

·
Administrator
74,730 Posts
Count me as another Beretta 92 fan. I have three:

M9 Special Edition (commercial M9 clone sold in limited numbers and came with the holster set pictured:

A plain-jane Beretta 92FS that's my actual shooter:

And last, a 1980-vintage 92S that I bought simply to have:

Reactions: CLASSIC12

·
Premium Member
16,006 Posts
The 92 is a smooth, accurate and easy-shooting 9mm. I had to get something else because of the fat grip, so I gave it to my son 20 years ago and he still loves it.

·
Administrator
74,730 Posts
Unfortunately that video mostly seems to be just a plug for Wilson Combat's guns and services. They didn't really mention the actual reasons why the Beretta 92 became popular with civilians, which was due to Hollywood (Yippee-Ki-Yay, M*F*!) as well as exposing two generations of young men to the military's new official sidearm.

Reactions: CLASSIC12
1 - 20 of 44 Posts