1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just ordered today. Looking like a 3 to 6 Months, build time. Really looking forward to receiving the B/WC 92G Brigadier!! :D:D
Only regret is having to order and change out, the 3-10 round Magazine's instead of receiving the 3-15 round Magazine's. Can always upgrade later on!
Scott

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ordered my second one this week as well. Put 1200' rounds through my first in the month I've had it. I'm sure you'll be happy. Aside from a few pocket guns, I have only bought and kept 1911s lately; but the WC Beretta is a great and reliable gun. The DA is phenomenal!

I must say, I'm a little miffed that I could only order the mag guide and action job for the new gun. Seems a little frustrating that I have to receive the gun then ship it back to WC for the single side decocker and short trigger. What a waste of time and shipping charges. I'm sure WC has their reasons for this limitation; but it's just not up to my usual expectations of their level of service. But, alls well that'll eventually end well.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm sure WC has their reasons for this limitation; but it's just not up to my usual expectations of their level of service.
WC would have to pay a second excise tax if they performed any more work on the pistol prior to you taking delivery. Beretta paid the first one.

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
Ordered my second one this week as well. Put 1200' rounds through my first in the month I've had it. I'm sure you'll be happy. Aside from a few pocket guns, I have only bought and kept 1911s lately; but the WC Beretta is a great and reliable gun. The DA is phenomenal!

I must say, I'm a little miffed that I could only order the mag guide and action job for the new gun. Seems a little frustrating that I have to receive the gun then ship it back to WC for the single side decocker and short trigger. What a waste of time and shipping charges. I'm sure WC has their reasons for this limitation; but it's just not up to my usual expectations of their level of service. But, alls well that'll eventually end well.
Its an excise tax issue. We would have to pay the Government an 11% tax to "remanufacture" the pistol prior to you taking ownership.

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Yeah, that was what I was told when I first started getting these, it came down to excise tax issue with Uncle Sam.

Had a few clients wanting to do some changes, including a different color....it was a no go unless sent back.

Have had a couple sold with action job before shipping....money well spent IMHO.

I need to stop resisting and get myself one of these....guess I should sell one of my 92F to make room.

·
Registered
394 Posts
WCR, could the customer offer to pay the additional tax and have everything done to the gun that he wants up front or is it too much of an issue to do it on a case by case basis? The tax is cheaper than all the shipping charges not to mention the wasted time.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
WCR, could the customer offer to pay the additional tax and have everything done to the gun that he wants up front or is it too much of an issue to do it on a case by case basis? The tax is cheaper than all the shipping charges not to mention the wasted time.
I agree I'd rather pay the excise tax than deal with the shipping and all that hassle and expense. I think that's true of most people if it were an option.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Its an excise tax issue. We would have to pay the Government an 11% tax to "remanufacture" the pistol prior to you taking ownership.

11% of $1195 is $131.45 if based on retail sales pricing, I'd pay that.

But I suspect it's not just as simple as paying the tax, but another book keeping aspect for Wilson as well. Makes it understandable. And once I have something in hand, giving it up doesn't feel good. I had the options changed that they would do. I'm plenty happy with my pistol.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah, it'd be worth the $131.45 (or bump it to $150.00 for the bookkeeper) to avoid the time wasted. At my age, time is pretty valuable.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I appreciate the reply CP 15. I have heard a lot of good reviews on the B/WC Brigadier. Looking forward to some range time with it.

When i tried to order the Beretta/Wilson Combat about nine months ago. I was told could not make changes to the order. Because i need 10 round magazines due state gun laws. I was not able to order it than. Glad they,(WC) made changes and allowed the magazines change out due to state gun laws. So maybe down the line you will be able to get your custom work finished before you receive your new Brigadier.
Scott

·
Super Moderator
14,627 Posts
Yeah, it'd be worth the $131.45 (or bump it to $150.00 for the bookkeeper) to avoid the time wasted. At my age, time is pretty valuable.
Very understandable, I'm the same age as you. Having said that, I did have the magazine guide and action tune done on mine before shipping to me, and it is very nice. I agree with your earlier statement that the DA trigger pull is phenomenal. I've shot many Beretta's and none of them (stock) are anywhere close to this nice. Have about 1k rounds though mine so far, and it is getting very smooth and very nice to shoot; never thought I'd say that about a Beretta pistol.

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
I keep vacillating on this one, cannot decide if to grab a Wilson version or to send one of my personal 92f in for rework.

Upside of getting the Wilson is looks just so @amn good looking, also a very good value compared to modifying one. Downside is you are limited in some options, namely color. Other BIG downside to me is....idiot warnings...while most all of the roll marks on the Wilson version look great....that $*@# idiot warning on the dustcover is just awful IMHO.

If I send in one of mine, higher overall cost but I can go with a grey/black.

The ones I have are original 92f that I bought together back in 1986 consecutive serial numbers built in Italy, one unfired in box.

Downside to these are lack of slide retention device (debatable as to real value), no light rail ( not necessarily a bad thing ) and less beefy slide, old style locking block is easily replaced.

If I build one of mine, I still have a original unfired in the safe as keeper and the one I build will be a bit uniquely mine, more of a custom build.....but still the more expensive route, at least if I part with one of the 92f.

If I round off trigger guard, while looking nice, from what I can tell it eliminates my ability to use a aftermarket light rail later.

Took one mine out yesterday, tore it down and studied on it for a bit, decisions, decisions.

·
Super Moderator
14,627 Posts
Jerry - just buy yourself a Brig Tac and quit worrying about it. You already know you want one.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have been back and forth as well. Back in late June or early July, just before the "Bash", I bought a Wilson Brig Tac on Gunbroker. It was a spur of the moment bid, and low and behold, I won.

Got the pistol. Loved the look and feel. I just couldn't get used to the double/single action again, after so many years of that plastic block pistol, and numerous 1911s. So, I put it back on Gunbroker, unfired, and sold it right away.

Then, after handling them again at the "Bash", and shooting Mr Wilson's personal Centurion, and feeling how nice of a trigger Wilson can do on the Beretta, I have been wishing I'd kept mine!

I've been watching them again, but of course, the price has now gone up compared to what I paid just a month and half or so ago!

Should've kept it, but mine didn't have the Wilson Trigger job.

Incidentally, I used to carry a 92fs as my primary entry weapon for several years (when we still carried S&W 459s) and loved the platform.

I agree with the Grandpa and others, you know you want it, so go for it! Just don't outbid me on Gunbroker! LOL

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Probably right, overthinking it.....then again, they are not like 1911s, who needs multiple 92s?! LOL
I have two of the 92G Brigadier Tacticals with a third on its way. Highly recommend getting a brace of these. None of mine have the Action Tune, but the action on the shooter is quite slick after a bit more than 2,500 rounds.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ordered 1 of these about a month ago. Was told that with the mag guide and action tune it would be @ Dec before I received it. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Also am seriously considering my 92FS to Wilson to have it worked on also. I'm really encouraged to see all of the positive postings on the Brig/Tact. Makes me more anxious to get my hand on it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts