1911Forum banner

Berryville Bash - 10th annual Bash

10259 Views 207 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  flechero
Next year's Berryville Bash will be the 10th Annual "Berryville Bash", aka Berryville Bash X. There are two parts to the Bash: the Reunion Bash starts Monday, May 8th, and runs all week, while the Main Bash is Thursday and Friday, May 11th and 12th. Generally, the Bash is about friendship in the shooting community, informal IDPA type shooting, with lots of shooting, eating at local establishments, and good friendship. The "Main Bash" consists of an evaluation shoot Thursday morning for new shooters who are attending the "Main Bash", with a tour of Wilson Combat facility on Thursday afternoon and a chance to talk to a few gunsmiths there, plus a Wilson conference room "show and tell" Thursday late afternoon. Friday, May 12, the "Main Bash" folks shoot with the Wilson combat folks on their shooting range. That's the high-level view. All who signup can shoot with the Reunion folks all week, while the "Main Bash" attendees will be drawn randomly from a hat due to limited capacity. If you aren't drawn initially - don't fret, there are always cancellations due to work, family issues, etc., so you might move up the waiting list to an active "Main Bash" spot. Please also inform me are you signing up for the Reunion Bash only, the Main Bash only, or both.

The itinerary will be sent to all that have signed up, including the TBA details that get refined as the Bash gets closer.

So, that out of the way, the official signup period will start next Tuesday morning, August 23rd, and run until midnight Tuesday, September 12th. The drawing will be held shortly after for the "Main Bash" attendees. The signup will consist of sending me a PM via this forum between those two dates, with your name, address, email, phone number, if you are attending solo or planning to bring a guest, and your t-shirt size if you want a Bash t-shirt (they run $25 each). Your contact information will not be shared with anyone that YOU do not give it to, so it will be kept confidential. The only cost to you is the range fee of $2 per day per shooter at the Reunion and the evaluation shoot, your food costs, your ammo and guns, and your motel costs. The range costs are paid to me because I pay for all shooters for the whole week, but lodging and food are paid directly to the motel or restaurant we visit.

We shoot approximately 200 - 250 rounds per day of shooting. The itinerary will detail what you need for dress, equipment (most of you already have the needed equipment and clothes). If you have any questions, feel free to PM me with any that you have, and I will answer. Hope to see you in Berryville next May,
See less See more
Reactions: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 208 Posts
how does one sign up for this?
Opening post, paragraph 3 details the signup process. The signup period ended a few weeks ago, so watch for the signup announcement next year around mid-August. We run the signup process in mid or late August to mid September for the next year's Bash (usually in May or first half of June). Next year's signup will be for the eleventh Bash in 2024.
Reactions: 1
This may be a bit premature but wanted to mention it... I've noticed occasional posts about surplus stuff powders/projos/brass and more...

Is there a way (without creating extra work for GP50 or mods) to post up things for a swap? Was thinking that most are driving so we could easily bring with and trade. Whether brass, powder/primers, projos or even 1911 parts.

Or to post up needs?

I've got some unopened powders I won't use, and have a good variety of projos. May also be able to spare some extra SP primers if one was desperate.

Sort of thinking "out loud" about this....
Only about 117 days to go but who is counting.................
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Only about 117 days to go but who is counting.................
I will text the motel folks next week to see when they want us to start our reservations. They usually are off mid-January to mid-February to visit family out of country, but I have their cell phone numbers and will ask. Before Christmas they asked me about how many rooms to set aside for our group, so there should be no problems getting their rates for this year and our group discount. After they answer, I will update here with info for making the reservations.
I will text the motel folks next week to see when they want us to start our reservations. They usually are off mid-January to mid-February to visit family out of country, but I have their cell phone numbers and will ask. Before Christmas they asked me about how many rooms to set aside for our group, so there should be no problems getting their rates for this year and our group discount. After they answer, I will update here with info for making the reservations.
Two of our friends that we look forward to seeing.
Reactions: 2
I like that they call me if I haven’t got around to calling them :)
Reactions: 4
I texted the folks at Regency Inn in Eureka Springs today, and we can make our reservations online and enter a note Berryville Bash Group.
My room is booked getting in on Sunday afternoon sometime.
Reactions: 1
My room is booked getting in on Sunday afternoon sometime.
Like many of the rest of us. See you then.
Everyone, here is the updated list of attendees not including the organizers (me and Rapidfire56 and his guest). Remember that all but one with guest will be at the reunion part of the shoot, so we have a good group coming.

For the Main Bash roster, in order drawn, here are the names:
Jlamb & guest
Jim Wall & Nick of Milt Sparks Holsters
Flechero
fj40
Chance-dg & guest
BigBadBob7 & wife
James3612
Jerry1834
Jason Winnie
aaronsappl
Ytown1911 & guest
1whobuys & guest
apipeguy & wife

On the waiting list in order drawn (but coming for the reunion shoot all week):
A husband & wife not on this forum
M.Mcmill85 & D.1911
Eric & wife

The reunion shoot folks are free to shoot on the rented range (Luther Owens Memorial Park) on Friday while the rest of us shoot with the Wilson folks on Friday. Please make your reservations in the next few days so the folks at the Regency Inn can get a room count for us.
See less See more
Looks like a great group, looking forward to it!
All, I have sent the itinerary to all who signed up. If you signed up and didn't get one, please let me know via PM. In the meantime, stay safe and well, see you in May!
Hoping that I can make it this year (due to numerous obligations and other happenings). Always a great time!
Hi Jason, glad you are coming. I am so looking forward to seeing you again. Is Mike going to be able to come as well? I hope so and we will see you again in a couple months

Doug, Stan is coming too with his EDC X9. He loves it, I haven't gotten to shoot it or even hold it. LOL He did let me look at it briefly.
Yes sir we are both coming. As far as X-series guns, I may have my X9L and (hopefully) X9S which is currently having work done at the Mothership.
Plus an array of other fun toys, including a Berryville Bash first (secret for now)
Great to hear, Greg Derr is going to fit a Kart 38 Super barrel in my Springfield Garrison and a few other tidbits LOL I hope it is finished in time, he knows I want it back by May 1st. to take to the Bash. My Dan Wesson has been at the mothership since Oct 24th Virgil Tripp reworked the Barrel and ramp for me after Youngstown and had it feeding slickly with those Tripp Mags I had so much trouble with at your place.
I am looking forward to your toys and had so much fun shooting that pistol of yours. That trigger suited me just fine.
This is going to be a fun week.
Great to hear, Greg Derr is going to fit a Kart 38 Super barrel in my Springfield Garrison and a few other tidbits LOL I hope it is finished in time, he knows I want it back by May 1st. to take to the Bash. My Dan Wesson has been at the mothership since Oct 24th Virgil Tripp reworked the Barrel and ramp for me after Youngstown and had it feeding slickly with those Tripp Mags I had so much trouble with at your place.
I am looking forward to your toys and had so much fun shooting that pistol of yours. That trigger suited me just fine.
This is going to be a fun week.
I don't think you could have picked a better smith than Greg Derr, he does such fantastic work.
Just about two months away and the time is flying bye. My first stop will be somewhere in Mississippi which will be a long day but a short day on Sunday.
The reservations for the Wednesday evening dinner have been made. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
41 - 60 of 208 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.