1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pops is looking at a PPK-type gun. He's considering the new models that Walther puts out now, but he also noticed the Bersa Thunder, which is a clone-type of the PPK. Is this gun any good? It's notably cheaper, but price isn't indicative of everything. What's the word on the Bersa? Should I steer him clear of it and push him towards the PPK?

·
Registered
78 Posts
My personal view is to stear clear of the .380. But, that is not everyone's view. I have fired both the Bersa and the Walther PPK. I am by no means a gun expert but I found that shooting the walther was a much more enjoyable experience than the Bersa. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i tried out a used bersa thunder just to try some shooting with a smaller auto, but not to small(.380) and then bought it. it turned out to be a one good purchase. it is reliable, easy to tear down and clean up, and accurate at the distances i would ever use it at. it gets shot regular at the range along with it's CZ 83 (.380) brother and i simply preferred it (looks and feel wise) over the Walther, but others might be just the opposite.

as mentioned i also picked up a CZ 83 (a touch more expensive) as i like the challenge of keeping rounds from the smaller .380's COM on my target. the bersa has more trigger travel but they shoot about equal to each other with the CZ just a touch ahead. all rounds from each are still COM at 7 to 12 yards out which is OK for me.

as mentioned above you have to decide whether the .380 round is going to do what you want it to do. good luck in your choice.

be safe, shoot well.:rock:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Bersa a good pistol a little larger than my PPK/S .Enough that I can't pocket carry in my jeans. Mine has been depenable from day one. I carry a PPK/S more but thats because it fits my pocket.
I do shoot the Bersa more. The PPK/S hurts my hand after a few mags and the Bersa doesn't .So I do most of my practice with the Bersa For the money I would go with the Bersa.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I owned one a while back... Was merely a knee jerk purchase... It was light and concealed well and a decent shooter... However mine seemed to have quite a bit of muzzle flash and it was a little handful... I figured if that were the case I would simply go back to a compact .45.. :rock:

Decent pistol for the price and overall a pretty good fun factor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.