1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
In this order for 10 rounds:
McCormick
Wilson
Tripp

The McCormick and WC are very close though, YMMV...Still hoping WC will do a 10R Flatwire mag some day, that would be really something, and be the super-star.
C.A.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
In this order for 10 rounds:
McCormick
Wilson
Tripp

The McCormick and WC are very close though, YMMV...Still hoping WC will do a 10R Flatwire mag some day, that would be really something, and be the super-star.
C.A.
Just put two flat wire springs in one of your 10 round mags. :)

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I like the Tripp 10 round the best followed closely by the WC.. The CMC 10 rounders have also been very good to me as well... The Tripps just seem to be the most heavy duty. IMO

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
10rd 45acp WC & 10rd CMC run smoothly in what I own, so I buy those. I drop them all repeatedly and these models have proven themselves to be fairly durable.

Tripp makes a fine magazine too, though. I just developed confidence in what I have been using and stuck with it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies. . . . .

Do you guys incorporate your 10 rounders into your defense plans, either at home or carry?

I should have phrased my OP question differently: How does your experience with 10rd mags compare with standard 7 or 8 rounders in terms of reliability?

I run ETMs with the standard round wires.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Thanks for your replies. . . . .

Do you guys incorporate your 10 rounders into your defense plans, either at home or carry?

I should have phrased my OP question differently: How does your experience with 10rd mags compare with standard 7 or 8 rounders in terms of reliability?

I run ETMs with the standard round wires.
I generally only use my 10 rounders at my local steel matches with Ball...They are intrinsically less reliable than 8 rounders, especially the WC Flatwire 8 rounders, so I do not use them for SD...As I mentioned above, a 10R FW would change my view and I would be OK with them for SD.
C.A.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I own one 10 round magazine, a McCormick. When inserted with any amount of purpose the baseplate separates and slides over the front strap and ultimately over-inserts locking up the pistol.

I won't buy another.

·
Super Moderator
14,601 Posts
I have three of the Wilson 10 rounders, and the only malfunctions I had with them was when new and I didn't do any break-in to set the magazine springs. Since then they have been 100%. I only use them in training drills, but have no qualms about having them in a SD situation if needed.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
5 Wilson Combat 47Ts and have had no issues in CQBs nor Professionals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts