1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Prefer Commanders
2,666 Posts
IMHO WC BP triggers are my favorite. I have a medium solid pad BP in a Kimber and just like it a lot. Any others I may replace will get the same Wilson BP medium pad solids installed

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMHO WC BP triggers are my favorite. I have a medium solid pad BP in a Kimber and just like it a lot. Any others I may replace will get the same Wilson BP medium pad solids installed
Thanks for the reply. I have been doing a lot of research. I just purchased Wilson Combat 1911 Ultralight Match Trigger, Long (standard). I have big hands and hopefully this will make for a crisp trigger with less slop.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
23,061 Posts
Measure the height of the hammer hooks, and if they're taller than .022", file/stone them to that height.
Also, search "weigand trigger job", which describes how to adjust the sear spring, no charge.

That's assuming you mean trigger action, and not literally the trigger?
I prefer the Greider V-series, which is supposed to be made on the old Videki tooling.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I love the Grieder V series triggers. Also polish the bow sides and back where the disconnector rides. Make sure your trigger track is smooth and burr free. Color the bow with black marker or dykem to see. I use an india stone of the exact size as the track to debur if needed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the Grieder V series triggers. Also polish the bow sides and back where the disconnector rides. Make sure your trigger track is smooth and burr free. Color the bow with black marker or dykem to see. I use an india stone of the exact size as the track to debur if needed.
Thanks. I’ve watched some videos. I purchased a Wilson Compact Ultralight Long Trigger. Seems like a pretty straightforward fitting / Install. Tons of great resources online.

Cheers

JB

·
Registered
719 Posts
Thanks. I’ve watched some videos. I purchased a Wilson Compact Ultralight Long Trigger. Seems like a pretty straightforward fitting / Install. Tons of great resources online.

Cheers

JB

Oh it'll be fine. There are many great triggers. The trigger alone won't change the pull as noted. If you are happy with the feel of the trigger from the point the takeup is gone to the point it breaks, then you will need to polish the bow and clean up the track it rides in. Basically everything else is sear and hammer interface.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts