1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best bang for the all Mighty $$
I see Montana Gold{real jacket} and Berrys plated any others?
Of course being accurate is first on the list.
At pressent I have some FMJ with the rear open of 9mm and 45 as well as lead for both.
But wonder whats on my list after they are gone for FMJ/Plated :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
If you have to shoot some jacketed stuff...

I go with Berrys. They are not terribly priced. Plated is always cheaper, and "restruck" is always more accurate. YMMV.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts
You know, it always used to be that plated was less expensive than jacketed. But in the last 2 or 3 years, the price of plated bullets have risen faster than the price of jacketed bullets (it seems to me). Today, I think both Berrys & Rainier's are priced about the same as Zero jacketed bullets.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Don't pay too much attention in the price, unless I'm on a mission of sticking another new gun in my craw. then I might tighten the belt just a little till I get my fix, then it's back to buying the bullets again.
Other than that I use Barry's.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Berry's and Rainier have both been great in my 1911s...I shoot Berry's and Montana Gold in my XDm 9mm (because they are about the same price). It's tough not to recommend any of the three as I've never had any issues with any of them

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Wilson elite pro will not feed the Berry plated 200 grain swc. It feeds lead and jacketed fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I shot a lot of the Berry's plated 185gr flat point bullets. Probably the most accurate load I found for my Colt.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Lots of plated and jacketed bullet makers listed over at www.reloadersresource.com

Some of the companies I've seen very little mention of.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Unless shooting a pistol (Glock or H&K) or at an indoor range that demands use of plated/jacketed, I'd go with cast bullets for about half to one-third the cost....

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
My Wilson elite pro will not feed the Berry plated 200 grain swc. It feeds lead and jacketed fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have heard of other folks with the same problem using a plated or jacketed SWC.

·
Registered
14,940 Posts
Recently bought 2k 124gr. fmj from Precision Delta @ a good price. Haven't loaded them yet.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've been VERY pleased with these plated bullets:

http://www.powerbondbullets.com/

I prefer them to Berry's. They are plated better, doublestruck and very uniform. I've bought the 230gr RN and .38 158gr Plated Flat Points.

You can find them for sale on Gunbroker under the seller LongDayJake, or access his website directly and get them http://www.rmrbullets.com/

He has great prices, you won't be disappointed.

James

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Factory for carry.

Lead for everything else. Tracy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts