1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I carry in NJ and in the Garden State the only guys that can carry Hollow Nose Bullets are the cops and the crooks. That's one of the reasons I recently bought an Ultra Carry by Kimber cause I figured if I needed to shoot at least I'd leave a big hole. Now I guess I'll probably use the 230 grain FMJ but is there anything else out there I should consider? Thanks for your help......

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yea, you might want to check the EFMJ stuff out.. There is a nice discription of them on www.ammoman.com I think is the site.. I think Blackhills, Proload, Federals classic line of ball ammo, and Hornady, is a cut above on the quality scale than some others.. Hornady also makes a flat point ball round, or they did.. Try some different ones and chose the one you and your gun likes best and don`t fret, many a enemy met his demise from 45. ball ammo..

-Gilmore

------------------
ME,WE!

[This message has been edited by Citizen_Gilmore (edited 11-22-2001).]

·
Registered
645 Posts
How about Cor-Bon's Power Ball or RBCD's Platinum Performance Plus? They are not hollow points but have much better balistice. The RBCD rounds have the profile of FMJ but product 1650 fps and 800 ft/lbs. without being +P.

MadDog

·
Registered
216 Posts
The other thing that you might consider is to become politically active and work hard in the aftermath of Sept. 11 to promote gun rights politicians to office next cycle.

Hey, one day a month for freedom!

PigPen

·
Registered
850 Posts
Another vote for the Federal EFMJ. I have persoanlly tested 250 rounds of it.

Very reliable functioning. As good as 230 FMJ Ball I would say.

www.Ammoman.com has great Pics of the expansion properties, and...

If you do your research, you'll learn why it expands more reliably than Hollow Points. I wish our LEO's carried it instead of Hollow Points for their own safety.

·
Registered
69 Posts
FMJ

I do not like this modern hi shock fragment ammo. They do not provide enough penetration for winter clothes,or the ability to go through an arm than into the chest deep enough to break major arteries to cause instant incapation. But 68% of people drop after being shot for the reason they think they should.
The other32% will stand. The FBI used to let these accounts public, but since Clinton these videos are less public.
Its a new sell tactic, Our police will buy it and learn from faliure.
The hi shok theory I think is some people at rest will be over come with a shok to there body. Im not a doctor, but I have stidied the human body for about 30 years.That theory only works in text.
So ill stick with tried and true. FMJ.
P.S. If you shoot a person in the chest with Glasser safety slugs
There going to kill you,so empty the mag.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a quantity of GI hard ball and I think Winchester white box is the commercial equivilent. I understand the argument regarding JHP and do not agree. Other than saying that you have to be able to hit the target, I have been impressed with 230 grain hard ball since I saw a VC demonstrate its terminal ballistics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts