1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good kydex concealment holster for a 1911, inside the waistband or belt model. I've got nothing against leather but I can't swing the price right now. (I'm saving up). ;) I've been using the Matrix, from Galco, and it's pretty good, but I'd like opinions on other options.

G

·
Unless your looking at Uncle Mike's, Fobus or a few others that aren't really Kydex but injection molded plastic, there isn't a real big difference in price between leather and Kydex at least from what I have seen.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Kydex

G-Code, Comp tac, Talon Tactical, Sidearmor, and Bladetech are all great. I use the Bladetech IWB with two snaps for carry and a Bladetech OWB Paddle for range. By far the Bladetech is the best and I've hunted to find the best Kydex. All others like Galco, Uncle Mikes and Fobus are injection molded plastic like MarkW said. The higher end kydex holsters are manufactured by molding sheets of Kydex material. Now if you are looking a tactical leg holster, Safariland 6004 is the way to go......IMO.

Good luck and regards,
Joseph

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've had excellent results with Comp-Tac
I don't own any Blade-Tech but I have seen them and they are pretty nice also.
I don't think you can go wrong with either brand.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
White Spider said:
Hmmmm....? You posted "Best" Kydex? Good Kydex costs $ too. If you value and practice draw speed try Cen-Dex.

www.cen-dex.com
You guys are right, there isn't a lot of difference in price between good Kydex and leather. I had lumped the injection moulded plastic holsters in with Kydex. The Galco I'm using now is IMP. My last leather holster was a Milt Sparks Executive companion, and I eventually want to get a Versa Max II. Now, there is a pretty substantial price difference between the good kydex that has been recommended and the VM II.
I'd like to thank all of you for responding, I've gotten lots of good options from your posts.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
In my opinion, you should choose what you what want based on performance and comfort...since price is an issue, check the for sale area, you will find something for the 1911 pretty easily at a good discount....

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
I've used Blade Tech for sometime with good results. They also have excellent customer service.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.