1911Forum banner

Best option for lightening trigger pull?

910 3
What's my best option for getting a lighter trigger pull on my Custom II? I did a search and came up w/ nothing. Last week I installed one of the Pro-Spring Wolf kits from Brownells that say it's supposed to reduce trigger pull, but if anything it's now stiffer. I really don't want to spend $150 on the cylinder and slide kit, but I may have to. Any opinions..? please...
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
sneno77 said:
What's my best option for getting a lighter trigger pull on my Custom II? I did a search and came up w/ nothing. Last week I installed one of the Pro-Spring Wolf kits from Brownells that say it's supposed to reduce trigger pull, but if anything it's now stiffer. I really don't want to spend $150 on the cylinder and slide kit, but I may have to. Any opinions..? please...
My advice: Contact Greg Copeland of Copeland Custom, Arkansas City, Kansas. Phone: 620-442-7470. He is a TRUE craftsman and KNOWS his way around the 1911. The Guns he has built are awesome. He took a trigger on a 1911 of mine that tested out at over 8lbs and tuned it to 4 lbs, while I waited. The Cost? Less than $50.00.

· Registered
146 Posts
I found 18 results in the Gunsmithing & Troubleshooting sub-forum by searching for “lightening trigger pull”. Most (if not all) of the advice will also work for Kimbers. Basically, polishing the moving parts is a good first step.

A smith is also a good way to go if you don’t want to do the work yourself. The C&S and Nowlin trigger groups are great if you want to DIY.

Good Luck. :)

· Registered
8,302 Posts
we have a local master of the "fluff and buff" trigger job who has done four of my 1911's at $35.00 per. they all came with triggers over 5 lbs and now are at 3.5 lbs. with 1000's of rounds thru three of them and a few through the fourth (a Custom II) which was just done two weeks ago. his reputation is rock solid as is his work.

check with some local shooters to see if there is a reputable gun smith in your area who will do this for you if you want to go that way.

good luck and good shooting.

be safe, shoot well. :rock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.