1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Could you possibly tell me who has the lowest price on the Ciener conversion kits? I want a basic model in gloss black. Thanks for looking.

catmath 1911

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think it's one of those deals where you have to pay full price because they sell them direct, kinda like Magnum Research does with mags and grips, they are worth the worth the money because you are getting the best out there, HTH.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I would suggest doing a search with www.google.com on "Ciener .22 conversion" and then check out which sites that mention the product actually sell it. Then you should be able to get a good idea on what a good price will be. The nice thing about the internet is that you can actually search prices for the entire country and order the product from whomever has the best price.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tupperware,

I looked at Brownell's, and the going price is 199.99 . Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply to my post.

catmath 1911

·
Registered
246 Posts
The sucker price is $199.99. The dealer price (which they extend to anyone who asks) is $165 and is coded into the mix of letters and numbers preceding the order #.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tupperware,

I am surmising that this is only for phone orders, since you must ask for the dealer price. Do I just call them up, place an order and ask for the dealer price on the part? Also, thanks for extending the courtesy of sharing this little secret.

catmath 1911

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was incorrect in saying that the dealer price was "coded into the mix of letters and numbers preceding the order #."
It precedes the Retail price in bold. In the case of the conversion in question, the stock # is 204-011-001 and under price it says: 4K165V00$199.00. 4K (randomly generated) means nothing, 165 is the dollar amount, the V (also random) represents the decimal and the 00 represents cents. This is true throughout the catalog excepting some tools and gunsmith related items where you see a zero instead of a dealer price.
I'm told you can sign up for dealer prices online by simply answering yes when asked about a firearms related business. I have not ordered online and actually gave my tax ID # years ago in order to qualify.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts