1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to find the best price on this ammunition. Anyone have any suggestions? None of the shops carry it in my area. It's good, powerful, accurate stuff and my .45 loves it.
Regards,
Sam

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Double Naught...
Thanks for the info. Last time I bought Fiocchi it was about $15 per box. Thanks much.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
454 Posts
Originally posted by SamColtFan:
I've been looking to find the best price on this ammunition. Anyone have any suggestions? None of the shops carry it in my area. It's good, powerful, accurate stuff and my .45 loves it.
Regards,
Sam
200 bucks a case of 1000 is the best price i have ever seen it at. i think
summit is 214.99 delivered. 256 413 7180
good luck

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just noticed a little something. I was at the range today burning some of the Fiocchi I bought from ammoman. I noticed the brass didn't say fiocchi. All the rounds I bought didn't have fiocchi on the brass. They had 3 initials on it, and of course the 45ACP on the bottom. I have bought Fiocchi from a shop in my area, and the brass was marked fiocchi. Anyone know what gives?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
The initials on your brass say "GFL" or something like that, right? You will notice those initials on the brass shown on the bullet on the box and the triangular crest is composed of those letters. My brass says Fiocchi, but GFL shows up on the box.

If it does not say GFL, then you may have a problem.

I don't know if the difference is due to Italian versus Hungarian manufacture or if you have received ammo that was not originally intended for shipment to the US. Your box will say Fiocchi USA, but Fiocchi does not make ammo here. That is just their product packaging for the US market. I have a feeling the GFL may be the typical European market material. Hopefully, somebody else will know for sure and correct me if I am wrong/misguided.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi there I have had great luck with the SA made PMP ammunition in .45acp as sold by Century Arms and at 100.00 dollars delivered it is a bargain that can not be beat and it is great ammo. stay low and shoot straight

·
Registered
207 Posts
Double Naught,

I think I may have some more info. The brass does indeed say GFL, as does the brass shown on the box. The batch I have is made in italy. I have previously used made in hungary fiocchi and those were the ones marked with Fiocchi instead of GFL. I guess your assertion may be correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts