1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the best non-exotic shoulder holster on the market (either cowhide or horsehide). Cost isn't much of a factor, as long as it's the best quality materials and construction.

The two that I've looked at so far are the...
Mitch Rosen Stylemaster - $440
Horseshoe Leather HAK/MM - $236

Any reviews on either of those would be much appreciated!

Also, I encourage you to post pictures of your shoulder holsters (I find that customer photos are more helpful than company photos in determining whether I buy the product).

The pistol that I plan on carrying in this, by the way, is a Kimber Eclipse Ultra II (3").

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I have 2 HSH2's from Josh Bulman that I'm very happy with. One is for a Glock 19 and the other is for a commander 1911. At $195 I don't think you can go wrong. But I know Lou Alessi makes a great one & I'm sure there are several great one out there.

In the fall and winter I carry alot in a shoulder rig.

Good luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 2 HSH2's from Josh Bulman that I'm very happy with. One is for a Glock 19 and the other is for a commander 1911. At $195 I don't think you can go wrong. But I know Lou Alessi makes a great one & I'm sure there are several great one out there.

In the fall and winter I carry alot in a shoulder rig.

Good luck.
Ah, the HSH2 is a beautiful piece!! So is the HSH3!!! I hadn't seen the Lou Alessi Bodyguard before, but it looks top quality as well! Thanks for the recommendations!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking for the best non-exotic shoulder holster on the market (either cowhide or horsehide). Cost isn't much of a factor, as long as it's the best quality materials and construction.

The two that I've looked at so far are the...
Mitch Rosen Stylemaster - $440
Horseshoe Leather HAK/MM - $236

Any reviews on either of those would be much appreciated!

Also, I encourage you to post pictures of your shoulder holsters (I find that customer photos are more helpful than company photos in determining whether I buy the product).

The pistol that I plan on carrying in this, by the way, is a Kimber Eclipse Ultra II (3").

Thanks.
Take a look at Andrews gun leather

·
Registered
346 Posts
Another plug for Andrews. I'm breaking in a Monarch rig right now. It's set up for a 1911 right now but I will be able to swap out both holster and mag carrier for a J frame and speed loader set up as soon as they're finished so I can carry either setup on the same rig.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Best large pistol is Alessi, best J-frame Ken Null.

Best large pistol is Alessi, best J-frame Ken Null.

On the other hand there is no single universal best. There are many many good enough and some quite different best for a specific individual and circumstance.

I like the concept of the old Bianchi Gun Quick ( I think they used a variant spelling so it could be trademarked) much like the Ken Null for a harness to use with a smaller and lighter handgun just as I like the Alessi Fieldmaster for a field harness but neither one would be my choice for a 1911 - though I would stick with Alessi.

Nobody does more careful and personal work than Mr. Aratoonian but the pull through design of Mr. Alessi is the best for my money - Lou Alessi is as much a magician as a craftsman with leather.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Geez...Am I the only person here that likes Jackass/Galco shoulder rigs? Carry my .357 S&W in one, love it.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts