1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JANZ or KORTH?

Any caliber,not including the PRE-1981 KORTHS. What would be the best overall revolver if we gave them both a head to head challenge?

JANZ revolvers-dairy equipment farm fresh revolvers

KORTH revolvers-WILLI's ART

DAMSCUS KORTH

NITRE BLUING HEAT TREATMENT 700*

COLT-OTHER THAN 60-HRC:

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
I've never shot or handled either. Are we basing this off personal experience or internet hype?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Please personal ownership

Im buying one,i have an option to buy a KORTH and a JANZ,i dont want to say any more because it may influence the responses.

No internet hype,50,000 round accuracy from KORTH or JANZ is superior because he makes dairy farm CNC equipment etc..

I want to hear personal ownership stories of forcing cone issues,fit and finish,frame stretching,how they handle magnum loads over time etc.
1st hand experiences please.

Ive already read WILLI's book and JANZ background and ability in CNC manufacturing/dairy equipment.

I want to hear what owners think,i saw a youtube owners video of a KORTH only,would like to hear another KORTH owners review and a JANZ owner.
This will not be a safe queen and price is IRRELEVENT?
------------------------------
Here are some pics for non-owners to enjoy.

What would you put your blank check on?

JANZ ..drool

KORTH damascus...drool

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Really pretty stuff there. Other than the damascus thing, it's at least as ugly as Caspian's damascus slides.

Bob

·
Registered
703 Posts
I don't have any experience with either, sadly.

The Korth with the nitre blued cylinder in a high polished stainless frame with nitre blued hammer and trigger and a more combat oriented sight would get my blood going.

That's me, though. Get what tickles your fancy. If money is no object then get both and do a comparison for us!

C

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
No internet hype,50,000 round accuracy from KORTH or JANZ is superior because he makes dairy farm CNC equipment etc..
I live in a county full of dairy farms. Believe me, that wouldn't be a selling point. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Wow, sort of like Ferrari or Lambo? Wish I had those kind of decisions to make.

Good luck, and let us see a range report on either. Uh, you are going to shoot them right? A lot?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I've near been in the presence of either and up until this thread I had only heard of Korth... Not Janz. Looks wise I do believe that Janz takes the cake. That's about the only opinion I can give. I would say you'll be fairly hard pressed to find someone that can give a hands on comparison of both brands but I'm sure there's someone out there.

·
Registered
22,010 Posts
Didn't Herr Janz used to work for Herr Korth?

The Janz is caliber convertible, change barrels and cylinders; cylinders hold different number of rounds but still time. Isn't that Kewl?

I don't much like Damascus (or large areas of color case hardening), nitre blue is fragile, and you can get anything engraved, so forget the bling.

As NZ says, if price is irrelevant, get one of each and YOU tell US.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Dont know about that high dollar fancy stuff but i do know that my S-W 686 and Ruger GP-100 will shoot thousands of rounds with no issues and if there was those companys would take care of it. What kind of warranty do you get with one of those?

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
Dont know about that high dollar fancy stuff but i do know that my S-W 686 and Ruger GP-100 will shoot thousands of rounds with no issues and if there was those companys would take care of it. What kind of warranty do you get with one of those?

i bet a six pack that people who buy high dollar fancy stuff rarely shoot them ...i'd assume no warranty will be needed in the first place.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Thanks, my thought also.

The OP does not have money concerns.... I second buying both.

Or more?;)
In that case the OP should first purchase one of each and have them sent directly to my FFL and transferred to me. He should also see that I have a few cases of different types of ammo and a list of his intended uses and priorities where these revolvers are concerned. Then I will personally take them out and do a thorough evaluation of each individually as well as a contrast and comparison. After such diligent and unbiased testing I will write up a complete report with photos detailing my findings and making my recommendation as to which I feel will best meet his listed requirements.

I will also include a nice thank you card the ammo, the once fired brass from the tests, and the chance to be of service. Not for the guns though as they would be payment for the research and report. ;)

Just let me know when you you want to have them sent and I'll get you a copy of the FFL to ship them too. :D

·
Registered
808 Posts
Never shot them, but they are absolutely beautiful weapons. You just can't stop looking. Kinda like other things I can't stop looking at that get me in trouble all the time...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
OK, Just how much do these revolvers cost anyway ? Are they in stock ? What's the production volume ? Where are they made ? Where are they sold ? Lotsa questions that need answers before we can give an opinion .

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Never shot them, but they are absolutely beautiful weapons. You just can't stop looking. Kinda like other things I can't stop looking at that get me in trouble all the time...
Those other things are a lot more expensive than these revolvers I bet . That is a damn expensive hobby my friend .

1 - 20 of 54 Posts