1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for top-notch shooting specs? I'm using Silencio polycarbonate glasses now, and they are ok, but the package clearly stated that they provide limited protection from fragmentation etc, as do most of the $20-30 glasses.

I've seen the Wiley X's and they look good. I don't mind spending $80-100, because I'll take care of them so they'll last. They are rated to stop a 00 buck pellet, i think (?).

Thanks

·
Registered
838 Posts
I use a pair of Oakley "Smoke" color M-Frame with "Heater" clear lens. They are a bit more expensive but very comfortable.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Daytime...I use Oakley "M" frame..they survived a 25 mph crash with deploying airbag so I swear by them now. Night time, I use Protective Optics made glasses(Clear) I plan on buying a set of Oakleys with clear lenses but for now the PO's work. I have been wearing both for the last 2 years. I have actually been using PO's since they came out..probably been 6 or 7 years at least.

------------------
The only thing neccessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Gargolyes are good, Dillon has a line of inexpensive SG's, or if you want to go high end check out www.rudyprojectusa.com , they are excellent glasses. Several styles with interchangeable lenses and RX inserts, outstanding warranty, good folks to deal with; one of those can't go wrong deals.
Go to www.firearmsforum.com , in the images section there was a piece there.

·
Registered
690 Posts
This may sound dumb because I was interested in an expensive set of glass'es but, the $10 pair I bought at the range protected me from a Kaboom with a 357. Just saying somthing is better than nothing. Outdoors I wear Uvex, again at about $10.

Buy what makes you happy, Max

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx, and keep it coming!

I'm familiar with some of these brands, and have the Dillon catalog. The best glasses will stop an oo pellet and maybe a .22, iirc. That's worth the initial expense (and I take care of my glasses and don't lose them, unlike my wife
)

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
I have a pair of Zeiss glasses that are very comfortable, I paid $35.00 16 years ago. Cabelas now sells them for around a hundred bucks for the same exact style

·
Registered
143 Posts

We like the Bolle Parole/Vigilante Sports Eyewear System. The SES system comes standard with 4 sets of lenses (unlike regular Parole/Vigilante systems- make sure to make that distinction when shopping around). Issued by the Army Marksmanship Unit, they are extremely lightweight and stylish, with the protection of polycarbonate lenses. The best part is that Bolles are best known for their popularity on the beach or golf course, and don't tip-off people to your involvement in firearms.

------------------
SKD Tactical Accessories
www.skdtac.com
Your source for hard-core, no-bs gear.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been using Bolles for the past four months, couldn't be happier. Lightweight, stylish, and tough. Haven't had an errant piece of brass or a bullet ricochet hit my Bolles yet, but I know they'd be able to handle it. I wear them around normally as sunglasses. Depending on what company you buy them from, you can get the frame and a lens set for cheap. I have four lenses with my Bolles (clear, silver, amber, and blue), and paid in the neighborhood of $100 for it all. If you have the money, they're definitely worth it; otherwise, go for the Wiley-Xs or some cheaper brand.

------------------
GO ARMY!!!
BEAT NAVY!!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Can't go wrong with a good pair of Wiley X.

Just make sure you like the way they fit before you take them home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts