1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grumph, shoulda known.
Couple months ago, I got my first 1911, a Sig 45. That was an instant love affair, if a bit pricey to feed.
So, today, I ordered the .22 version. It will be two weeks before I get to clean and shoot it. Do you have one? Like it? Hate it? Got any advice?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Got em and I hate every one of them. Every 1911 I've purchased has been nothing but trouble. Trouble in the sense, all they do is lighten my savings, cause me to take extra time to look for another and purchase yet the next 1911. It's a never ending cycle...haha.

No, just kidding...I love my 1911's. I love how they shoot, feel in my hand and just the old classic design is what attracts me to them. If I'm not shooting them, I'm holding it and admiring it.

It's an old classic design that I hope never dies.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the sig branded 1911-22. Its a ball. Eats any and all h.v. ammo and is accurate enough for a plinker. I couldn't tell you how many thousands of rounds have gone thru it. Only problem I had was letting the wife shoot it. Now its her favorite gun.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I was shooting my buddies sig 1911-22 over the weekend just for kicks.. while its in no way a real 1911 it was reliable with 3 different kinds of ammo he was shooting... There good for just playing around. But like Cappi said the Ruger MKII or MKIII is far more accurate...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
"Had" one
it brought me no love
wasn't terribly accurate (the cheapest $250 Ruger 22/45 MKIII model will shoot circles around it)

finicky about ammo

..L.T.A.
Does that mean the ruger has an even worse grouping "around it" ???
:scratch:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
The mosquito is junk have first hand knowledge of that... The sig 1911-22 is is a totally different gun.. And seem to function much better..

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
And it never will. When I start packing a plasma rifle in the 40 watt range, I'll still have a 1911 for a backup.
I'm sorry but my rail gun will be far more accurate than your plasma rifle any day of the week.

Caliber wars will never end. ;)

Oh yeah, I have a GSG too. It's a fun gun. We don't shoot it too much so I can't say as to longevity. My SO has a Buckmark that is our .22 challenge shooter, add a red dot and not much can beat it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Gsg does make it for sig. Great gun, and takes alot of standard parts with no issues. uploadfromtaptalk1440511918228.jpg
Here's mine with a ria ambi safety, hogue grips, ed brown beavertail safety, pachmayr mainspring housing and zrts upgrade kit.

·
Registered
23,173 Posts
No. I am into .22 conversion units that go on 1911 bottoms. I think the reason I avoid the little .22s that look like 1911s is that back in the 70s I picked up a little Llama in .22. They also made them in 380. Not horrible but not good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts