1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I simply don't like the trigger that came on my SC - it hurts. What are some other trigger options that have worked well for others here? I will probably send the gun to Tripps for partial HC (slide and small parts) and have the trigger replaced at the same time. Thanks. Russ

· Registered
2,178 Posts
I was getting some blistering from my SC's stock trigger. The edges were sharp. Greider V-series from Brownell's. $16 + shipping and not very complicated to fit to your pistol. I went from the 3-hole long trigger to a solid medium length. Works great and very comfortable on my finger.

· Registered
2,178 Posts
The rest of the trigger sucked, so there wasn't much point to sanding the face of the shoe. The thin carbon steel bow was so flimsy, my trigger pull was inconsistent. Much more was improved than just the trigger face. It was well worth the minor expense and a little time.

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I looked at the triggers on Brownell's. Unreal how many options there are, from $15 to $100. I am somewhat hesitant to change anything with the gun at this point considering how much trouble I've had with it but, if it's going to end up taken apart by Tripps for the refinishing work, I may as well have it done then. I am told that Virgil is a very competent smith. Have an XS small dot tritium that I'll have put on at the same time.

· Registered
1,037 Posts
Sharp Trigger

I just took mine out, and about two min with a Dremel with stone fixed it nicely... in fact worked on all of them.

FWIW

Chuck

rtab1 said:
I simply don't like the trigger that came on my SC - it hurts. What are some other trigger options that have worked well for others here? I will probably send the gun to Tripps for partial HC (slide and small parts) and have the trigger replaced at the same time. Thanks. Russ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.