1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm typically a "traditional" kind of guy. I like original stuff. And I don't go for a lot of flash. Especially with my guns. So, having noticed the onslaught of most every manufacturer getting in on the 1911 craze, I'm caught between wanting to remain a traditionalist and stay true to the 1911, yet on the other hand I can't knock the new kids on the block trying their hand at 1911 making either, (read Sig). I'd kinda like to have one. But, just as I am extremely curious about tupperware guns, I am also curious about the new Sig 1911. However, I still don't own a Glock and I doubt I will get the Sig 1911.

As much as I enjoy buying guns in a whim, or researching one and finally making the purchase I just don't see myself leaving the American made 1911's. Anyone else feel this way?

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
For me it is all about feel. Fullsize 1911s, Glocks, HKs feel right. I flirt with Sigs everyday, but the trigger is too awkward. I try not to create boundaries in my mind. However, if it doesn't feel right, I scrap it.

Now watch, I'll bring home a P220 Friday...:rolleyes:

Be well!

·
Registered
112 Posts
not an arguement-just thinking out loud. it seems that if you want to stay with the original, an i'm fer ya if ya want to, you need to go back to the old ones. seems to me that ALL the ones produced nowdays have some things that a done differently in the manufcture of the piece. most, and i'm not really talking about what regulations are required, have changed the platform to accomodate new and percieved, better, technology. the old ones were not as tight as the new manufacture, ect, ect.
anywho-just me think.
blessings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts