1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got feedback on the DelFatti or any other ...
between belt and pant model holster?

Seems they'd hold the pistol grip close to the body...

but Wondered if it was practical...or about any feedback at all.

Thanks,

Stocky

------------------
Anyone who isn't a paranoid schizophrenic now-a-days, just isn't thinking clearly!

·
Super Moderator
3,117 Posts
The Sparks Mirage www.miltsparks.com is a superb example of this genre. My good friend Rick Miller frequently uses a Sparks Mirage.

Lou Alessi used to make a holster that was worn in this manner and it garnered favorable notice from no less an authority than Jeff Cooper. Lou no longer offers this holster.

Mitch Rosen offers a couple holsters of this type.

There is much to recommend this type of holster. They pull the pistol in tight against one's side like an IWB, but are more comfortable. Well made examples stay open when the pistol is withdrawn, thus facilitating one-handed reholstering. Their disadvantages are few. They require a longer covering garment than does an IWB holster. They can cause the belt to stand off slightly from the trousers just in front of the holster. Badly placed trouser belt loops can play havoc with placing the holster properly.

Rosco

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I wear a Sparks Mirage frequently, and love it. One of the major advantages for me, is that since my weight fluctuates in proportion to my exercise (funny how that happens), I often find my preferred IWB holster too tight to be worn comfortably-that's when the Mirage becomes Holster #1. I agree with all of what Rosco said, and would this:if you need to get out of your car for a minute, e.g. to pump gas, your pistol can be left in the vehicle and the worn holster will not draw attention. A great little piece of leather! geegee

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I have matt's isp-3 for my P7....i wear it alll the time between the belt and pants...no need to buy a BPB since it limits your options...Matt's design with the solid belt attachement is sturdy enough to hold the holster firmly inside the pants or between the belt and pants...I've even worn belt loops BPB and it stayed nicely...I love Matt's stuff but I wouldn't spend 80 bucks on a BPB when an IWB give you two options...

BTW..if you want the ISP-3 for BPB, you can ask Matt to make the rear wing smaller..he also will adjust the cant to the angle you desire...

[This message has been edited by P7 (edited 08-21-2001).]

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
P7 makes an interesting point. How many here wear an IWB as a BPB? Seems that there might be some difficulty with stability on the belt.

I noticed Matt's BPB on his web site, and it seems a great idea, especially as an alternative to a scabbard for tactical classes. I found drawing all day from an IWB to wind up being a painful experience for the torso. But I didn't want to work with something I wouldn't be wearing all the time. The BPB or using an IWB in that manner would seem to be the perfect compromise.

Anyone have thoughts on it, or experience they'll relate?

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I learned it from my dad who carried a dick special in an IWB that he wore between the belt and pants.....trust me, it works, especially with the delfatti....it has the most stable attachment of any holster i've ever worn.....since it is hard leather and lies very flat against the holster, it works the same as a pad that is sewn closed at the bottom.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sidenote..the key to any IWB doubling as a BPB is the belt size...if it fits snug in the pad, or the loops, it will not move around...even a BPB will shift if you use too small a belt....and sicne the weight of the gun rests on the top part of the loops/slide...having the bottom sewn to the holster really doesn't make much difference....versatility is the key when spending big bucks on leather IMHO...hope I was able to save you guys some money...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts