1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Torch said:
Any Novalogic or EA players out there?
Yep. Have done DF:BHD and BF2 in recent years.

DF:BHD was a pretty good game for ground pounders, as it didn't have controllable jets, helos, or vehicles involved in the game. Ballistics were great, though, with a realistic drop in rounds over a long range. Accuracy was halfway decent, as well. Unfortunately, the technology in the game is a bit old and it's starting to show its age. Trying to get into the online game now is tough, since the folks playing are still the hardcore experts, who feast on new players. It has several different multi-player modes, including DM, TDM, CTF, A&D, etc. In singleplayer mode, it's a very linear game but with better game play than BF2 in singleplayer mode.

BF2 has a bit more flexibility, in that it has a range of maps which include ground vehicle only maps, helo-only maps, and everything under the sun maps. Some of the shenanigans in the early releases of the game (point-farming, etc.) have been resolved in the patch that was released at the beginning of the month. BF2 also has a wider range of roles to be played (Special Forces, Sniper, Assault, Anti-Tank, Engineer, Support) than DF:BHD, but the kits are restricted and the unlocks are rank/point-based. With a good system (and you need a good system to get the most out of this game), it's a visual feast, but the gameplay is currently limited to to one basic mode with no add-on variants. Ballistics are very basic, with simple cones of fire for distribution, which can make the game frustrating at times. It supports VOIP for teamplay coordination, which is hit or miss, depending upon the server and time of day. Sometimes, you get a good, coordinated squad, which makes gameplay fun, win or lose. Othertimes, it's just a bunch of random individuals without coordination that kill the game. Some of the unbalanced features of the game were straightened out, so the game is a bit more balanced now, but there are still flaws. There is an expansion pack scheduled to come out in mid-November.

It's players choice.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have been enjoying BF2 and would have to say ditto on some of the points made by Zed. I plan on trying to get better with time and organize a clan to play with that would reduce some of the frustration that may come from random individual playing only. Like Zed stated when you get some other organized players it can really be enjoyable teamwork and squad wise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Squad 7.62 has switched over to BF2 also.:rock:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I play JO all the time...

...when I'm in CONUS, I get on Novaworld and play Joint ops, Escalation a lot, I go by Squidsix.
Wanna play?

·
Registered
95 Posts
BF2 gets a thumbs up from me, online play is excellent.

I also have BF2:SF modpack

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sw1911_FS said:
BF2 gets a thumbs up from me, online play is excellent.

I also have BF2:SF modpack
Just picked up the Special Forces expansion pack today at lunch. Mixed reviews from squadmates so far....:cool:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Torch said:
Just picked up the Special Forces expansion pack today at lunch. Mixed reviews from squadmates so far....:cool:

I bought BF2 Special Forces and don't like it. I mean it's cool and all. But I like flying jets ;). Though I wish all the tools were available globally. It should have been part of the original not separate that really really sucks.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
McKirdyP said:
I bought BF2 Special Forces and don't like it. I mean it's cool and all. But I like flying jets ;). Though I wish all the tools were available globally. It should have been part of the original not separate that really really sucks.
How easy is it to fly in BF2? I tried it in BF1942 and VN and it was a no go.

·
Registered
362 Posts
jrtx said:
How easy is it to fly in BF2? I tried it in BF1942 and VN and it was a no go.
Long as you have a decent USB joystick it is pretty easy actually.

·
Registered
34 Posts
BF2 west coast server

I have been playing BF2 since day one and have truly enjoyed it ,as far as flying its much easier on BF2 as opposed to BFV or BF1942 the artificial horizon ,altimeter and speed gages make for a much more controlled flight ,the key to this game is squads and communication several of my coworkers and I have purchased our own server to play on because we got tired of the free for all BS on a lot of other severs get some guys and go play togther and this game cant be beat ,feel free to stop by ours RamRod (named after the super troopers car )at IP 64.69.44.19 our days to play as a clan are tues and thurs
but most of us play more than that ,join or create a squad and crush the enemy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will check in some time. We've been messing around a little with Swat4 and Quake 4 now a little also. Downloaded the latest America's Army last night to try out also.:scratch:

·
Registered
34 Posts
We would love to have you there .the more the merrier

1 - 13 of 13 Posts