1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always liked the way the Hi-power shoots and it has the most ergonmic grip of any pistol I've ever tried.

One problem though, I now have a permanent scar in the thumb/forefinger web of my right hand from shooting a BHP. I can't shoot a BHP and not come away bloodied.

I remember once seeing something about somebody welding a beavertail on one of these pistols to prevent that. Anyone know who does this? Or maybe where there's some pics of one?

Actually, this problem is why I didn't ever buy my own BHP got into 1911s in the first place, so all in all I'd say my horrible injuries were worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
ArmySon,

What other modifications have been done to your BHP. That is beautiful. Was any special mods done for that comped barrel, since the barrel comes out the bottom of the slide and not the front? thanks and again a beauty.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
You don't necessarily need a beavertail to avoid hammer-bite. Modifying the existing hammer or switching to a Cylinder & Slide ring hammer solves the bite for most people. Shops such as Kurt Wickman's and Novaks also do anti-bite modifications to hammers. These solutions are oftem much less expensive than a beavertail, and IMHO, the beavertail ruins the lines of a Hi Power.

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
585 Posts
We do weld on beavertails and heat treatment of the frame at MD Labs. I am working on aa BHP right now, it should be done next week. I'll post some photos then. In the mean while feel free to email or call if you wish to discuss.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts