1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BHP clone has a problem. int the cocked and locked position if I pull the trigger I feel and hear a little click. If I then just disengage the safety the hammer falls halfway down. With disassembly a small pin that would be covered if the safety were engaged is noticeably shorter than the depth of the gun. If I move this pin so that it is flush with the left side of the gun (still within the rails of the gun so the slide can move freely) I can then press on the trigger and it will not disengage. but then if I fire or dry fire it even once the pin is loosened back to its other position and the safety will repeat the droping of the hammer after taking the gun off safety. This is scary and no doubt dangerous. Any help I can get from this group would be appreciated.

Is a new safety needed, or just refinement of the one I have?
Seth

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Hello. If I understand this correctly, when the little pin, which is the sear pin is not flush, but you push it flush, the safety positively locks the hammer back such that presses of the trigger do not allow the hammer to drop when the safey is disengaged, but when the sear pin moves outward a bit, the safety does NOT block the sear positively and disengaging it will allow the hammer to drop to half-cock.

I am surprised that the pin can move far enough out to do that without blocking movement of the slide.

The problem is that the sear pin is either broken or too small. I'd order one from Browning and use it. IF it turns out that it's too loose a fit, degrease one end and use a bit of loctite blue to fix the problem.

Again, it sounds like an undersized or possibly broken sear pin.

Best.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ill order one from them and see how or if it works.
Seth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts