1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I now own a very nice 1977 BHP. I have ordered Mr. Camp's books and you all have previously supplied me with a list of companies who will modify it for me. Now for a holster: I am left-handed and use a Fobus Kydex paddle holster for my 1911. Looking at Fobus and Uncle Mike's, I don't see a left-handed version for a BHP. You all haven't steered me wrong yet, so where do I look? Thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
There is only one place now that I look for holsters...and that is with Mr. Lou Alessi. I've grown very fond of his holsters, besides they stand up very well to everyday use.

Here's one he built for my G19; I'm very pleased with it, also!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm not a fan of Kydex holsters. I like leather and in some cases nylon. But a "NICE" Hi-Power should be in leather. And there are lots of good to great holsters available from $50.00 and up depending on what you like.

RC

·
Registered
163 Posts
dealing w/ lou allessi is an experience that enhances ownership of the product. i've got a l/handed 1911 shoulder rig that is just gorgeous to look at and effortless to wear. some of my dealings w/ gun people [smiths,retailers,range officers,gunshop owners,mfg's] have been tainted by an adversarial relationship w/ the guy across the counter. not so w/ mr. alessi who treats you w/ respect. if you value the experience of dealing w/ a true pro and a genuine nice guy he's your man

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
One vote for Sparks, plus another for Lou Alessi.

I usually carry BHPs and 1911s IWB and like the Sparks Summer Special or EX.
On the belt, I love the Alessi CQC/S. I have one for each gun that may get carried on the belt. I have never had an IWB of any kind from Alessi. One day....

·
Registered
684 Posts
1 vote for the VM2

You will forget you are even carrying a handgun. And it will also fit a 5" 1911.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'll second rafter s gunleather-they are great work for the money...belts are good too.
if you want kydex, i am partial to comp-tac.
for leather i like milt sparks and alessi also.
rafter s is great if their designs work for you.
cheers,
Derek

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're right, a nice BHP deserves better than plastic. I ordered a Milt Sparks VM2 today. Thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
515 Posts
deezulsmoke said:
Eric at HBE would be one of my choices, as well as Gary Brommeland.

Deez.

I was just about to recommend HBE as well. I've got a COM2 I carry my 1911 in and it's great. Now I'm trying to decide what to order for my FN HP. Honestly you can't go wrong with any of the manufactures listed above.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts