1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a fixed rear sight for a BHP Mk III. Kind of like the Novak look, but Heinie is fine also. I don't want to have the frame milled. Poked around Brownells and the Novak sight and didn't see anything. Any suggestions? Plain old black is OK as is 2 dot.

Also, on the Novak sight they listed a few of their BHP sights as requiring just a touch of milling and judging by the looks, it appeared the milling they're talking about is just a touch of metal removal on the top of the slide, just enough to let the underside of the sight clear the top of the slide. Is that an accurate understanding or does the dovetail also have to be milled?

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing really, just looking for something different and with a bit wider profile.

·
Registered
881 Posts
dsf,

I replaced my factory adjustable rear and overly tall front sights with Trijicon Night sights. As much as I like the Novak style sights, like you, I wanted to keep from milling or altering the slide in any way. I have done this on both of my Mark 3's. Here are some pictures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts