1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
This is really outstanding... you have done a major service to those of us who do our own maintenance on HPs...

Thanks very much!! Order sent for two tools!!!

V/r

Chuck

Nicely done!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Mark/Slav -- Great! I'll be sending you an email for one tool. BTW, thanks for the tip on the recoil spring. Haven't been able to reply to your email due to computer problem (the thing went TU on me). - John

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Do you have a list of all your available hammer spring weights?
Yes, of course we have that information. All BHSpringSolutions Main Springs follow the original factory weights for each Main Spring variant/Hi Power model, and produced with our enhanced production standards. Is there a specific Main Spring you are interested in purchasing from us?

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Slav,

Just sent you an email concerning the mainspring tool and another item. I can see how this tool could definitely help these old hands of mine. :)

·
Registered
13,379 Posts
Yes, of course we have that information. All BHSpringSolutions Main Springs follow the original factory weights for each Main Spring variant/Hi Power model, and produced with our enhanced production standards. Is there a specific Main Spring you are interested in purchasing from us?
Actually all I see are spring kits and no hammer springs available separately. What am I missing?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
They are not finished yet. Except for the laser cutting, welding and hardening, all processes are made by hand. Every tool is hand tested for proper function before sending for hardening and bluing. Every tool will also be hand tested after receiving them from hardening and bluing prior to shipping to customer.
Currently we are on time and I think all ordered tools will be delivered in the promised time frame.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Slav, you are really providing some excellent tools for we Browning nuts, and I for one, can't thank you enough. Then, on top of giving us what, until now, had been unobtanium, you're making them available for unbelievable prices. I will never buy anything you make for my pistols from any other source.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thank you for the kind words C.
Can't remember if I told you the story behind BHSpringSolutions, it puts some light on our pricing strategy. Maybe some day I'll share it here.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Bellow is how the first function testing and adjusting looks like. This happens after the pin welding and prior the final hardening and hot bluing.
Please be advised - if you find minor scratches on your new tools - they will be caused by the final tests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC7WaC6iKJ4

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
I am starting to get anxious now that I have seen the update. That tool is going to be a real help at my workbench.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Magazine Spring Survey

This is a request for input, somewhat an informal survey, from Hi Power Owners/Members of the 1911 Forum.
We (BHSpringSolutions) are considering production of replacement Hi Power magazine springs. Weak magazine springs are a malfunction risk, and healthy magazine springs contribute to optimal reliability and function. And as long as the overall integrity of the rest of the magazine is sound – magazines are usually every bit as good as the spring inside. Replacing a spring is far more cost effective than replacing magazines.
With the wide variety of Hi Power magazines in use, the business question of the day on our minds, is “where would we start and stop?”
We already know that it probably won’t be practical for us to cover replacement magazine springs for every type and capacity of Hi Power magazines in use. Replacement magazine springs for the most common 13 Round magazines in use (such as have been provided as OEM from FN/Browning) are already on our radar screen and we do expect to offer those in the future. Our question mainly leans toward all the other magazines in use that would fall under “other” – and there are quite a few. The flush fit 15 round magazines now available from MecGar utilize a different spring. The spring in the 15/17 round KRD magazines is still yet another variant. And we know there are other aftermarket variants – not to mention the higher capacity magazines.
So – we ask you – in regard to Magazine Springs, how can we serve you best? We will appreciate all input and expertise.
Thank You to all who take the time to provide input on this topic.
Slav and Mark, BHSpringSolutions

·
Registered
415 Posts
For me the 13 and 15 factory/mecgar would be the most useful. Also in stock in this household are 10rd 9mm and 10rd .40's

21 - 40 of 457 Posts