1911Forum banner

61 - 80 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Main Spring Tools - and some THANK YOUs!!!!

Hi Guys-
Mark from BHSpringSolutions..... a.k.a "Slav's partner"!
Yesterday, (10/20/15), our first production run of BHSS Hi Power Main Spring Tools landed in my hands. All orders were shipped by the afternoon on 10/20. And from our first production run, tonight I have only 8 Main Spring Tools remaining on hand. For anyone who has not read this entire thread, here is the tool I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhYXjMnXqQ0&feature=youtu.be

Purchases by members of this forum exceeded all of our expectations (we had anticipated sending out an email to all of our past customers shortly after posting the announcement on this thread back on 8/31/2015. We are just now sending out that email to our past customer base, because of your response.) THANK YOU.

Now, this is going to be a weird kind of admission to make, but yesterday was also my first time personally to hold and use one of these main spring tools. (Take that to confirm that I do have ultimate confidence in Slav who is personally involved in the one-at-a-time hand made production of these tools, and tests each finished tool on a Hi Power Hammer and Strut Assembly - no kidding.) And at the risk of really sounding like I'm tooting my own horn (which I am not because the perfecting and production of these tools has been all Slav) I'm going to give you a review of my own company's main spring tool:

"Guys, you are going to love this! I sat here and changed out the Hi Power Main Spring, on the same strut, 3 times yesterday - because I got such a kick out of how simple this tool makes a main spring change out - it is a game changer. The quality and consistency of the tools is just excellent."

Needless to say, our second production run IS under way! And by the way, the $15 introductory pricing has ended. Our website price, when we make them available at our website will be $20 (shipped free). But until that time, we are continuing to offer an introductory price to members of this forum of $17 for 1 tool, or 2 Tools for $30. If you order and we've already sold out the stock on hand, you'll receive from the second production run when finished. Email us at: [email protected] and let us know if you want 1 or 2 tools.

For you forum members who have been following BHSpringSolutions and this thread, I wanted to take a moment to spread around some very deserved gratitude.

First, when you guys receive this Main Spring Tool and use it, post a Thank You to Slav on this forum. This guy is a class act, gives a d___ like you can't believe, he's also a Hi Power fanatic, and is sincerely the best business partner anyone could ask for. And from me - Slav, Thanks Man!

And a huge Thank You to the members of this forum and our customers for your generosity in providing your gracious feedback and support for BHSpringSolutions and the products we're producing and providing. It is due in large part to your support through word of mouth that BHSpringSolutions has grown each month since opening bhspringsolutions.com in early July of this year. In the sincerest way possible, and on behalf of both of us, THANK YOU!

Mark, BHSpringSolutions
www.BHSpringSolutions.com

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Ok, didn't saw that coming...

Here's another one for you guys - as a "Thank you" sign for the ones who first decided to support us and give this tool a chance, the first batch of 25 produced Main Spring Tools are marked with two sets of initials - on the one side it's BHSS (obviously :D ) and on the other side are the initials of the owner.
Of course those are punched by hand and you should not expect laser straight arrangement. It's more like "personal touch".

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Ok, didn't saw that coming...

Here's another one for you guys - as a "Thank you" sign for the ones who first decided to support us and give this tool a chance, the first batch of 25 produced Main Spring Tools are marked with two sets of initials - on the one side it's BHSS (obviously :D ) and on the other side are the initials of the owner.
Of course those are punched by hand and you should not expect laser straight arrangement. It's more like "personal touch".

You guys are killin' me. I love this. :)

By the way, I wear a Medium if you got any BHSpringSolutions t-shirts. :D

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm chiming in late to the conversation, although I have already received the spring kits you sent me and am glad to hear the tools are on their way. I just wanted to comment on the magazine kits and the Detective spring kits. Yes I would purchase both 13 and 15 round kits and the Detective kits. So grateful that you are able to manufacture and supply these items. Thanks again!

·
Registered
830 Posts
I received my tool and have already replaced the main spring on an FEG PJK-9HP. Tool works perfectly and makes the job so easy.

Now, Slav, how about a tool for holding the hammer back when reassembling the pistol? Cable ties work, but are kind of a pain.

Oh yeah, the initials are a cool touch!!

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
I received my order from BHSpringSolutions today and am pleased with their products. I haven't had a chance to use the mainspring tool as yet, but it looks like it can surely help out my arthritic hands. "BPH" has ask a very good question concerning another tool that would help out BHP owners on reassembly.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Got my tool in the mail today. Some nice coupons as well. Thanks again!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Late to post but I received my tools along with this first group. Haven't used the tools yet but they look nice and I did notice the initials stamped on the tools thanks Slav.

Mark

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
teaser

Hi all!
It's been some time since my last post here, but this was for a reason. We are working on the idea to provide the essential tools, that would make the life of every HiPower owner easier.
I'm sure most of you will recognize what's on the pictures below.
Currently we are on testing stage. More info, pictures and videos to come...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Slav,
I have the hammer spring tool and it is great. I was going to ask you if you could make additional tools, but it looks like you're already on it!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Gents, the main spring tools are on backorder now. I'm working on the next batch. Expecting to be ready in the middle of January 2016.
Thank you all for the support

·
Registered
53 Posts
Special gold trigger offering

SPECIAL GOLD TRIGGER OFFERING
By: Mark Howe Co-Founder BHSpringSolutions

We (BHSpringSolutions) have 2 WIDE Gold Hi Power Triggers we’re offering to the first two 1911 Forum Members who send us an email to: [email protected]

SAM_2621.JPG

At one time, these triggers were available from FN/Browning . Both are new in original packaging. During our optimizing/customizing adventures, these wide gold triggers have become one of our personal favorite upgrades.

These are not just “bling” for your Hi Power. The wider surface area that contacts the trigger finger creates a perceived lighter trigger pull. Another thing we appreciated was the realization that gold interacts with the skin differently than steel and does enhance trigger control. It would seem that Browning’s use of gold triggers on their long guns is more than for the “bling”.
005.JPG

The curve of these triggers assures that trigger finger positions perfectly & never too high on the trigger.
SAM_2623.JPG

After installing one of these triggers on my own Hi Power, I was extremely enthused. Today, my partner and BHSpringSolutions Co-Founder, Slav, as well as my father, have added one of these triggers to their EDC Hi Powers. We consider them to be the best Hi Power trigger solution we’ve found – and the appearance, or course, is also excellent!

Price is: $130 each and includes:
FREE INSURED SHIPPING
One FREE BHSpringSolutions Complete Optimizing Hi Power Spring Kit (A $29 value)
20% Discount Voucher at BHSpringSolutions.com
Opportunity to purchase a set of BHSS Masters Grips for $59 including engraved left grip with John Browning’s portrait. (A $99 Value)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
New tool

Sirs,
I'd like to present to you a solution, that most likely will save your ceilings from being punched by firing pins. On the following video you'll see BHSS's idea for changing the firing pin spring. It's another tool inspired by the BAA's manual. Hope you'll enjoy it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WUb1SfZQ98

Please keep in mind, that this is only the working prototype of the tool. The looks of the finished product will be not that...Arcus like :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I'll take one of those (depending upon price :) ).

Will it be finished in such a way that it won't scratch anything?
It will be finished in hot bluing. The tool is made of instrumental steel and not from hard-plastic. Will it scratch - possible, depends on the user and the finish of the gun.

61 - 80 of 457 Posts