1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a Bianchi UM84 for my Springfield MilSpec for carry while hiking. Anyone have this holster? How do you like it?

------------------

Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those that don't

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Good holster. I have one attached to a mil-spec LCE rig for use during hunting season, long walks, and varminting expeditions. Anyhow, I've found no real use for the holster unless I'm around the back forty. Attatching it to your belt will quickly let you know that it really belongs on an LCE system.

If you're planning on using it for the things I use mine for, you'll be satisfied with it. It is well made.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i just got a good deal on one at a gun show, um84 and mag pouch for $35. the model 1054 mag pouch is for double stack 9mm mags, so the length of the 45cal will not allow 2 single stack 45cal mags to work with it, so get an old mag military alice clip pouch made for the 1911 mags.

the holster is a well made unit, but it does belong on a alice clip pistol belt, i think it would be uncomfortable on a 2" leather belt against your hip because of the flap design.

------------------
Caspian frame + Colt parts = Col-spian? or Cas-olt?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Having regularly carried this holster I agree with the two above posts. You'll want to wear it with a web belt. I too have the dilemma of finding a holster for my 1911 when I'm out camping (civilian side) and even thought about the Blackhawk Sahara Strider (attached to your chest) but thought it would be too heavy. I'm leaning towards a drop leg rig despite the chaffing it will probably cause. Can't be any worse than the frame on an Alice pack after a 20 mile hump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use one on my 5906 and keep it on a standard military pistol belt. Works good that way.
I'm building an old style flap leather rig, like the military ones, but I'm going to make it a tighter fit and a regular belt loop. I like the flap holsters for regular field carry.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again, everyone.

------------------

Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those that don't

1 - 6 of 6 Posts