1911Forum banner

Big Revolvers

7K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  bc1023 
#1 ·
Here's my two X-frames:

They're both super accurate but I'm still getting used to the recoil and I go from doing really excellent groups to really average groups with each range trip.:D

See less See more
#6 ·
Here is my "little" nightstand gun!!
Man, don't think you have to worry about stopping power with that dainty piece of steel as a nightstand gun! That is probably a "one shot stop" revolver.

#10 ·
Nice - I really like the 4" version. I also got to shoot 30 rounds through my 500 at a range today - I managed about a 6-inch group off-hand at 25 yards, which is pretty good for me (I've actually done about a 3-inch group off-hand at 25 yards a couple months ago). I like everything about the 500 except the ridiculous prices of ammunition for it - insane prices!:(

#13 ·
Greetings,

Bullet weighs 457 grains. Was loading it to 680 fps, but backed it down to 600 fps due to excessive strain on top latch screw.

If the light is right, you can see it going. I don't know if you could see it coming, no matter what the light.:biglaugh:

Regards, Ralph.
Boy, I love these old guns.....

#14 ·
Ralph, Thanx so much for sharing your .600 “Thumper” with us.
‘Tis a grand old gun.
Where do you find the cases? Or do you spin them yourself?
Good to see old behemoths like that still shooting so well.
Made me open a bottle of Fat Tire Ale to celebrate your posting!

Here are my modern day examples of the “faith” of the fat and ugly.

My “feeble” and “poor” large bore shed guns.
(I call them “shed” guns because they tend to shed the life out of everything shot with them)
My 8" .500 Magnum

My 4"500 Magnum (This is my squirrel gun)

Me "weak" and "paltry" 460 Magnum

Me little .454 (My favorite revolver cartridge to handload for)

Me's not so little .454

The "Big" and the Ugly" (How did that little .44 Magnum get in there)

Ralph, Thanx for sharing the .600 "Thumper" with us.
Continued good Luck with that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.