1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not talk about my 1911/A1 in first post. Was just leaving to buy ammo for my 45 & 357 Sigs. I carried and used the 1911/A1 all during my time spent in the air force including Viet Nam. Taught all small arms weapons in cluding mortors, machine guns, rifles, pistols, 357 recoil less rifles, etc. Begin my shooting experience with the 45 cal when I signed up for the shooting team at Tinker AF Base, Oklahoma City, shooting in NRA matches, was 2nd place entire Europe with all of the small arms listed above. A little for fun type shooting. My wife and I are ex-Texas Fast Draw Champions. Participated for about 10 years. Never tired it, recommend you do. This is really fun and like the 1911Forum, you meet a lot of good and friendly people. Hope you all have a very wonder year.

·
Premium Member
6,996 Posts
Welcome aboard. Hope you got some answers for your question from the first post. Now, thanks for your service. We have a ton of sub-forums addressing specific areas of interest. A lot of friendly experienced members just waiting to meet you. Still in Texas?

Grumpy

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I did not talk about my 1911/A1 in first post. Was just leaving to buy ammo for my 45 & 357 Sigs. I carried and used the 1911/A1 all during my time spent in the air force including Viet Nam. Taught all small arms weapons in cluding mortors, machine guns, rifles, pistols, 357 recoil less rifles, etc. Begin my shooting experience with the 45 cal when I signed up for the shooting team at Tinker AF Base, Oklahoma City, shooting in NRA matches, was 2nd place entire Europe with all of the small arms listed above. A little for fun type shooting. My wife and I are ex-Texas Fast Draw Champions. Participated for about 10 years. Never tired it, recommend you do. This is really fun and like the 1911Forum, you meet a lot of good and friendly people. Hope you all have a very wonder year.
Welcome from NW Georgia 🇬🇪. And Thanks for your service. You will like it here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts