1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran across some beautiful holsters and really like the black elephant. Check it out at:

http://www.raftersgunleather.com/

Has anyone bought a black elephant holster? They say it's tough but I'm wondering how well it wears. Is this an elephant skin sewed to a cow hide leather? I'm REALLY thinking of buying this holster. Has anyone ran across any other web sites that sell holsters in exotic leathers?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Elephant Belt

How long did it take you to get them from the time you ordered them? Do they have a slow turn around? It would be awesome to get the belt and holster combo!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Elephant Belt

~BadddDoggg~ said:
How long did it take you to get them from the time you ordered them? Do they have a slow turn around? It would be awesome to get the belt and holster combo!
I ordered an elephant belt, holster, and pouch on 10/1. Still waiting with anticipation.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm waiting for a brown cowhide belt and holster.
Both ordered on 10-08-03
Should be here early next week

·
Registered
983 Posts
I guess it was about 6 weeks. Recently I got a sharkskin belt as a gift for my dad, that took about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It looks as if Rafter's timeline for delivery is beginning to lengthen. I was quoted two weeks on my belt and it appears as if it'll be three, maybe four weeks or longer for the cowhide belt to be delivered.

I think Rafters is getting a bit more backlogged as the posts on the forums have been talking up the quality and value of their products. Hence, more orders and additional time to mfg'er and deliver.

Patiently waiting. :)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have an elephant belt and am seriously considering picking up one of their holsters to match I have an Alessi DOJ which I like very much, but it doesn't have a sweat shield so I might just be looking at a Rafter's model. One of my belts...a cowhide...must have been in stock. It came in 3 days. The others came in 3 - 4 weeks. That is still a very good delivery time compared to some of the other name brand custom leather makers.

H

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
ahem...gotta step in and do my now-traditional plug...

Rafter S (please note that it is NOT Rafter's or Rafters but rather "Rafter" and "S" after their ranch) is one of the very best gunleather makers that you can find and NOT ONLY for their price vs. quality because their quality is great at ANY (reasonable) price.

Give them a try. You're not likely to regret it.

please note that I am in no way associated with Rafter S Gunleather but Steve should probably give me some free stuff for all of the good things that I've said about his products...:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts