1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
The black finish on my CDP is only wearing off on the frame rails - no big deal really, but not what I expected. On the other hand, this pistol is never in a holster.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The black has begun to wear off of my CDP.
It has occurred along the trigger guard and other contact areas of friction. The gun is fairly new. I am diasppointed it has not held up better;however, I have used it quite a bit. The question is what to do when the wear get extensive? What is the best way to go?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine has the basic wear on the black area where the safety is and some on the slide lock release. Sooner or later it will happen.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have found the KimPro finish on my Gold Combat is wearing along the slide and frame rails. No big deal - rest of the gun still looks fantastic. From what I've read and heard from others, KimPro seems to wear better than Wilson's Armor-Tuff.

·
Registered
332 Posts
JUST GO WITH A STANDARD FINISH OR A DEEP POLISHED BLUED GUN, LIKE THE ROYAL. YOU'RE GONNA GET SOME WEAR ANYWAYS, WHY SPEND THE EXTRA DOUGH?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I carried and shot my PRO CDP quite a bit before I bought my Wilson Millennium Protector with armor tuff. The Kimber finish is more durable and held up better than the armor tuff. With enough use, all will show some degree of wear.

------------------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts