1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible we will see some sales on black friday? Will all the sale ammo still be going to the gougers and hoarders? At Wallmart will they be standing in line for flat screens or ammo? Bass Pro will have 22's at 25$ for 500, limit 1, only 300 per store. Are there stockpiles anywhere in the supply chain for sales?

·
Premium Member
14,684 Posts
Is it possible we will see some sales on black friday?
my friend called the other day asking if 5 cents pr rnd was good for 22lr.
I told him for "right now" it is

he asked 'cause he saw a Gander Mountain BF ad with some kind of bulk 22 ammo (I forget the brand) that worked out to 5 cent-o-rnd

I figure it'll be gone 10 minutes after opening the doors

Most ammo isn't in short supply anymore .
So i wouldn't be surprised to see some sales on some calibers and shotgun ammo

..L.T.A.

·
Premium Member
14,684 Posts
Since my daughter wants a Ruger 10/22 and my son wants a Benelli shotgun for Christmas some ammo sales would be great!
don't hold your breath on 22lr being available in any quality at good prices, but should find some good sales on regular target load shotgun ammo

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Please tell me I am not seeing shooters being sucked into black Friday BS. You could give away the frigging ammo and I could still find better things to do with my time verses hanging out with junior leaguers, soccer moms, and nuts crammed into Wal-Mart aisles.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Please tell me I am not seeing shooters being sucked into black Friday BS. You could give away the frigging ammo and I could still find better things to do with my time verses hanging out with junior leaguers, soccer moms, and nuts crammed into Wal-Mart aisles.
+1 Buddy....I avoid it like the plague!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I won't be going out for anything on black friday! I actually plan on going shooting with my boys that day..

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I used to avoid BF at all cost but being a single Father of two young girls gets me outta bed to go.I don't go for the door buster sales but will find plenty at good prices for the girls and not likely but maybe something for me. I HATE shopping but if I gotta do it I'd rather suck it up and knock 90% of it in one day.

I flipped out Thursday when I heard some idiots was already camping out a week early and in a winter storm at that. Gonna be hard to use that new TV remote if you lose some toes /fingers to frost bite.most of the folks doing that stuff are just gonna try and flip it online for a profit.

You can go to Blackfriday.com for deals at gander Mt ,Acadamy,Dicks etc.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Haha I hear you, though I did sit in walmart Thursday night for 4 hours waiting for the new xbox one. Only because I can turn around and make a couple hundred bucks on it.

·
Premium Member
14,684 Posts
the only reason to get up at 4am...

is to get to the best steelhead spots on the river before sun-up ....and beat the lazy bedheads that straggle in at 8am.....:biglaugh:

you won't see me standing in line before opening for any "door buster" sales .
But i look at the ads and take advantage of sale pricing .
and much of the BF sale stuff you can buy on-line ;)

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Only item I ever bought on BF was a washing machine at a non big box discount store.

I plan on either exploring a local state park and a State Game Land or hitting the Range early to shoot some slugs and some revolvers then walk about the woods.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am going to the range, they are having a BF sale on guns and Ammo. Their prices are already better than I can find on the web for the same brand, Fed AE 45 ACP Reg member price is $22.50 with tax. I will be there at 0900 to see what their prices are on Fed AE 45 ACP.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I avoid Black Friday like the black plague. Except for actual crimes, some of the saddest examples of human behavior to be witnessed. Watch for headlines of fights, tramplings, items snatched out of hands, etc. I plan to go to a gun show that Saturday. Probably a long line to get in, but I imagine things will be handled very orderly in comparison.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am not going to get caught in the BF mob but there are a few places that could have some good prices. I fear there is just no surplus of ammo to have a sale with. I suspect that gun sales will slow some with no ammo to shoot, at least no cheap ammo.

·
Premium Member
14,684 Posts
speaking of BF sales...

not ammo, but just got a "pre"-BF e-mail sale ad from one of the local large family owned sports stores

M&P9 ..$419
Springer XD40 w/gear..$399
M&P AR15OR..$799

just to name a few

They have a Cobra derringer for $114 too.
"Might" buy it just cause I think it's cool

.L.T.A.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts