1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a shop that does top-notch black parkerizing? REALLY dark gray would be OK. I want a fine finish, not heavily blasted, and would prefer a shop that does 1911-smithing, so they know what/where not to blast or finish.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Rick the best around in my opinion is Texas Armament in Blankt Texas, 9005 cr 351
blanket Texas
I will dig out there number cant seem to find it now . Ocg1911

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I'm sure they're all good, but I can vouch for Texas Armament. Did an Inglis Hi Power for me several years ago and it turned out excellent.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I recently custom blended a S&A magwell and sent it off to Texas Armorment Co for black parkerizing. I chose TAC because the article on LA Vicker's 1911 in American Handgunner a month ago (www.americanhandgunner.com) states he used them for this pistol, and for many others. He likes 'em, and I know why. My magwell came back very satin smooth, and with a nice durable dark gray finish. It's almost a dead nuts match for my Kimber Classic Custom. A little Breakfree CLP on the surface darkened it a bit more, and I wiped the excess off with a rag. It only cost me $10 including shipping. Give 'em a try.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Try this guys; (from Shotgun News Ad)

"MILITARY PARKERIZING 30 years experience doing work for individuals, dealers,
and the military. 4 day service, dark gray color, complete long guns $80 ea. pistols $70 ea., return shipping and insurance included. Texas Armament Company, 9005 CR 351, Blanket, TX 76432. Phone 915-646-5827. Open M-F, 7AM-3:30PM. Inquiries welcome."

Hope this helped.

Waldo1

------------------
"'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement upon human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, 1783

·
Registered
211 Posts
My previous experiences with Parkerizing has always been negative in that the finish has left a very "crunchy" feel. The slide/frame fit and other parts always feel like they're filled with sand. I take it that the TAC finish is smoother and not as harsh? Sounds like a finish that I'd like to try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts