1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Blade Tech kydex holster in the forward FBI cant and high rise configuration for speed and concealment. The only thing I don't like is I am having difficulty in re-holstering quickly with it. It's very narrow and form fitting at the mouth where leather holsters seem to be a little more open.

Any suggestion on how to improve this?

Thanx,

------------------
ACK

"Make the First Shot Count"!

·
Super Moderator
13,676 Posts
I must be dense or something, why would you need to "speed reholster"?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ricky T.,

If you have ever shot IPSC, you would have experienced the need to get the gun back in the holster quickly prior to rapid movement on all fours, or climbing is critical.

In a tactical situation, you should not have to focus on the holster to Re-holster thus taking your eyes off the "Situation at hand" either.

Good question though.

------------------
ACK

·
Super Moderator
13,676 Posts
TAckerman, Thanks. Now I understand. I've never shot IPSC so I didn't know about such requirements.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I took a look at that holster. Is it the one with the snaps or j-hooks? It doesn't seem to be that high rise at all. Check out a Comp-Tac ghurka. Two belt clips are actually part of the holster, not bolted on. Two clips keeps the holster from diving too deep into your pants, or shifting around excessively. Heating the holster can potentially weaken it if you go too hot. Working with kydex takes a bit of patience and finesse. The Comp-Tac holster will be form fitting as well, but the angle the holster stays at will allow a rather fast reholster. take a look: www.comp-tac.com

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THe Standard Blade Tech Holster neither snaps or has "J" Hooks. It's not an IWB holster.

The bottom of the Integral belt loop is riveted at the bottom of the loop.

This holster does everything well! Concealment is not a problem as it rides high and tight, and hugs the grip into your kidney cavity behind your hip.

------------------
ACK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts